Download all caches that match search criteria (in GPX format)?

crunchewy

First I tried to create a pocket query that would be for all caches in a particular series, but there does not seem to be a way to make a pocket query that uses search criteria such as "name of cache" - that seems very odd. Then I tried just doing a search, and that almost works except that it will only seem to download .loc format. Is there any way to get all the caches that match certain criteria (in this case, start with "LoZ Series:") and in GPX format?

Ah, thanks! But that's not quite what I want. I want to get only ones that I haven't already found, like I can for a normal pocket query. Or other criteria (such as still enabled, or found in last 7 days). Still this is better than nothing. I will have to look into how you create bookmarks, as I guess I could use those to do what I want for other sets of caches?

First I tried to create a pocket query that would be for all caches in a particular series, but there does not seem to be a way to make a pocket query that uses search criteria such as "name of cache" - that seems very odd. Then I tried just doing a search, and that almost works except that it will only seem to download .loc format. Is there any way to get all the caches that match certain criteria (in this case, start with "LoZ Series:") and in GPX format?

Invest a bit more money in GSAK. This database program will load a PQ you have downloaded. It will then allow you to filter on all sorts of things, cache name among them.

GSAK now has the Geocaching API integrated. You can then either load the filter directly into your GPS or backload it up to the Geocacing site into an empty Bookmark list you have previously created.

Ah, thanks! But that's not quite what I want. I want to get only ones that I haven't already found, like I can for a normal pocket query. Or other criteria (such as still enabled, or found in last 7 days). Still this is better than nothing. I will have to look into how you create bookmarks, as I guess I could use those to do what I want for other sets of caches?
Here's a related feature suggestion:

Are/ Are not in my bookmarks option for PQ's

Invest a bit more money in GSAK. This database program will load a PQ you have downloaded. It will then allow you to filter on all sorts of things, cache name among them.

GSAK now has the Geocaching API integrated. You can then either load the filter directly into your GPS or backload it up to the Geocacing site into an empty Bookmark list you have previously created.

Is there anything close to that for Mac OS X? I could run GSAK in VMWare Fusion, but would prefer not to.

Is there anything close to that for Mac OS X? I could run GSAK in VMWare Fusion, but would prefer not to.

www.maccaching.com