Having trouble with coords.

Squeeky1

Hello All,

I'm having trouble understanding the coords. I figured out how to enter them but the numbers I enter point to places a long way from where they actually are.

Example: A cache is located at N 33 45.186' , W 84 37.757' according to the information on geocache.com. But on my gps these numbers are shown as 33.75310 N , 84.62928 W.

I have a multicache to search for but can't get the other coords. entered correctly to get to the next points. I have a basic membership and cant upgrade at this time.

I'm don't understand the format of these coords. Please help.

Hello All,

I'm having trouble understanding the coords. I figured out how to enter them but the numbers I enter point to places a long way from where they actually are.

Example: A cache is located at N 33 45.186' , W 84 37.757' according to the information on geocache.com. But on my gps these numbers are shown as 33.75310 N , 84.62928 W.

I have a multicache to search for but can't get the other coords. entered correctly to get to the next points. I have a basic membership and cant upgrade at this time.

I'm don't understand the format of these coords. Please help.

You don't need to be a Premium Member.

Make sure your gps is set to the same coords format that is used on the cache pages. It's easier than needing to convert the coords each time you want to enter new coords into your gps.

Help Center → Geocaching → Conversions

11.3. WGS-84 and HDD(D)° MM.MMM Datum and Format

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=208

11.2. Convert Decimal Coordinates to DDD MM.MMM

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=207

B.