Discontinuing Top UK Cacher Lists

qrang

We have been publishing lists of top UK cachers on a roughly monthly basis for a while. These appear on our profile.

They were created manually from the Stats Tab of each individual UK cacher.

There is a new website, project-gc.com, that provides these kinds of lists using an automated API interface to geocaching.com.

We have therefore decided to discontinue compiling the lists on our profile.

Not all the lists that we published are available on project-gc.com but the site owners are adding new features all the time.

If you are interested in a particular top list I would suggest that you request it as a new feature on the site.

Thankyou for your interest in our lists.

Thanks very much for all the time and work that you put into the lists.

We enjoyed having a look to see who was where, and it also gave us some encouragement to go and seek more of a certain kind of cache....(We now make a point of getting more multi-caches).

Make the most of the extra time that you will now have.

Best Wishes

Dave and Pauline (DizzyPair)

I only saw your top cachers list for the first time, a couple of months ago when Mario recommended your caching challenges list to me. I was amazed and astounded to notice that I even appeared on one of them, and did pop by every so often to see how others were doing!

Thank you for all the hard work which must have gone in to these and hopefully, the new site you recommend will end up being just as good!

Worth noting that while this website is great, the data supplied by geocaching.com in at least one case skews the top lists dramatically in the uk.

See http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=298118 where one cacher recorded 1097 finds in a single day covering several counties. I reported it and gc.com said it was when the finds were imported from another caching site and won't be deleting them, so it looks like everyone will be at least one further down the list for daily reports than they should be.

Worth noting that while this website is great, the data supplied by geocaching.com in at least one case skews the top lists dramatically in the uk.

See http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=298118 where one cacher recorded 1097 finds in a single day covering several counties. I reported it and gc.com said it was when the finds were imported from another caching site and won't be deleting them, so it looks like everyone will be at least one further down the list for daily reports than they should be.

Calm down dear :P