create a virtual cache

mixr-one

i want to know how i create a virtual cache? i can't on geocaching.com

j'aimerais savoir comment on créer une cache virtuelle ou on doit loguer avec une photo car sur le site géocaching.com on ne peut pas merci pour votre aide :)

Not sure what you want, as you answered the question. Groundspeak does not accept new "Virutal" caches for publication.

The Help Center section suggests "Waymarking" as an alternative:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/cache_types.aspx

If you're asking that folks recommend an alternative geocache listing service, then I don't think that is going to go over well here on Groundspeak's forums.

B.

You can't create virtual caches anymore--that cache type has been grandfathered. As Pup Patrol noted, there is now a separate game called Waymarking that is essentially all virtual caches.

From http://www.geocaching.com/about/cache_types.aspx:

Grandfathered Cache Types

These are cache types that are no longer available for creation on geocaching.com. Visit the Waymarking web site for other GPS hunting activities.

Virtual Cache

A Virtual Cache is about discovering a location rather than a container. The requirements for logging a Virtual Cache vary—you may be required to answer a question about the location, take a picture, complete a task, etc. In any case, you must visit the coordinates before you can post your log.

Although many locations are interesting, a Virtual Cache should be out of the ordinary enough to warrant logging a visit.

Virtuals are now considered waymarks on Waymarking.com.

As it has already been explained, Geocaching.com no longer allows virtual caches. Any Virtual caches you may see listed are "grandfathered" because they existed before Virtuals were eliminated, but they aren't allowing any new ones. Sorry.

If the location is so neat that you want to bring people there, couldn't you find a way to hide a Traditional cache there?