Australian Souvenirs - Why don't we have them?

Calypso62

On a recent trip to Canada and parts of the USA I received some province and state souvenirs for finding at least one cache in that region. This got me thinking as to why we don't have state souvenirs in Australia. Further investigation of the forums revealed that there are a wide range of souvenir artworks already created including ones for the six states and our two territories. To my knowledge these have not been activated and therefore not awarded when you find a cache or attend an event in each state or territiry. Have a look at this link to see what they look like:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=294401&st=0&p=5038496&hl=usasouvenirs&fromsearch=1entry5038496

I would like to start a campaign to have the Australian souvenirs activated. I'm sure many Australian cachers as well as lots of overseas visitors would like to receive the souvenirs for caching finds in this country.

I suppose the best way to proceed forward is to post your support here if you agree and perhaps contact Groundspeak directly. If there is a better way, please let me know.

I'm looking forward to one day seeing Australian souvenirs being awarded.

Cheers,

Calypso62

On a recent trip to Canada and parts of the USA I received some province and state souvenirs for finding at least one cache in that region. This got me thinking as to why we don't have state souvenirs in Australia. Further investigation of the forums revealed that there are a wide range of souvenir artworks already created including ones for the six states and our two territories. To my knowledge these have not been activated and therefore not awarded when you find a cache or attend an event in each state or territiry. Have a look at this link to see what they look like:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=294401&st=0&p=5038496&hl=usasouvenirs&fromsearch=1entry5038496

I would like to start a campaign to have the Australian souvenirs activated. I'm sure many Australian cachers as well as lots of overseas visitors would like to receive the souvenirs for caching finds in this country.

I suppose the best way to proceed forward is to post your support here if you agree and perhaps contact Groundspeak directly. If there is a better way, please let me know.

I'm looking forward to one day seeing Australian souvenirs being awarded.

Cheers,

Calypso62

This feature request was brought up with the old uservoice system. As with most Australians I'd agree that we need souvenirs for Australia. As Groundspeak already have the code in place all they need is some artwork (supplied in the attached thread) and a simple

if "user" hasfoundcache.NewSouthWales

then display artworkNewSouthWales

Statement

They already have "state detection" in place so that should be easy to get.

I personally would like to have souvenirs for South Africa (as we cached in a few states whilst there... and made an effort to!).

I have souvenirs for Nevada and California... and that's it (other than the leap day)

Congratulations Groundspeak!!

With the publication of the two millionth geocache, Groundspeak has begun releasing the souvenirs where the artwork currently exists. I've noticed I now have a NSW souvenir already and am expecting a Victorian and an ACT souvenir shortly. This is great news. I'm looking forward to receiving souvenirs for the other states and the Northern Territory when I visit them in the near future.

Woot!

I must say they are not something I look at but I noticed I have two from the Canadian provinces visited back in 2009 and one for California. I've noticed I picked up one for Oregon which I haven't visited in over 20 years (B.G.) - I worked out it was the 5/5 movable that came through Sydney a few months ago - it came originally from Oregon.

I've cached in all Australian states and territories (with the strange exception of ACT) so I will get a good collection when they come online.

Congratulations Groundspeak!!

With the publication of the two millionth geocache, Groundspeak has begun releasing the souvenirs where the artwork currently exists. I've noticed I now have a NSW souvenir already and am expecting a Victorian and an ACT souvenir shortly. This is great news. I'm looking forward to receiving souvenirs for the other states and the Northern Territory when I visit them in the near future.

There's also a WA souvenir but no QLD or VIC yet...