[feature] Northern Ireland needs to be separate

gatraveler

We recently cached in the Republic of Ireland AND Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland caches had to be found under United Kingdom (and it is) but after logging my finds in both countries they are all listed as Ireland. My map of Europe does not have N Ireland colored. I think there is a kink in the difference between these tow countries in the logging. I hope this can be fixed or did I do something wrong??

We recently cached in the Republic of Ireland AND Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland caches had to be found under United Kingdom (and it is) but after logging my finds in both countries they are all listed as Ireland. My map of Europe does not have N Ireland colored. I think there is a kink in the difference between these tow countries in the logging. I hope this can be fixed or did I do something wrong??

I totally understand the politics involved but GS confuses it more by having to locate a cache by searching under UK and on my European map not coloring in the N Ireland part of my map. It looks like I didn't cache there.

I totally understand the politics involved but GS confuses it more by having to locate a cache by searching under UK and on my European map not coloring in the N Ireland part of my map. It looks like I didn't cache there.

I looked at your map and see what you mean. Was the cache in Northern Ireland listed as being in Ireland and not the UK that you found? I was under the impression that the maps were based off of what cache owners put as the location of their cache so if the cache owner puts Ireland then only Ireland will be colored in. If they put the UK then, apparently, Northern Ireland will be colored in.

For the purposes of coloring that map I agree with you that it does appear that you didn't find a cache there at all and I do think, politics aside, they should give some method by which you can color in your little Northern Ireland area on your map without having to find a cache listed as being in the UK there.

Any caches found in Northern Ireland show as southern Ireland on the map.

If you find a cache in the UK (any part of the UK, e.g. England) that will colour in Northern Ireland. Even if you haven't found any caches in Northern Ireland.

It makes no sense. Given the Groundspeak position, any cache found in any part of Ireland should colour in all of the island of Ireland.

I found three caches in Northern Ireland while on vacation a few years back. At one time, UK was colored in on my map -- I believe through the GSAK FindStatsGen macro. When the GC.com statistics page with maps came out, suddenly it was gone. I guess I have to go find a cache in England, Scotland or Wales to color in Northern Ireland...