Looking for: volunteer for TV program

spguagli

Hello!

We are looking for an experienced Geocacher in the DC area who would be comfortable being interviewed on camera about Geocaching. We work for Voice of America and are making a news package about this. We would interview you about the process and how Geocaching works, and would accompany you on a search for a cache. If you would like to do this, please contact us with a brief description about your own experiences with Geocaching and how you would describe it to us if you were on-camera.

Thanks for your help with this. We really appreciate it!

Sara and Casey.

Edited by spguagli

Hello!

We are looking for an experienced Geocacher in the DC area who would be comfortable being interviewed on camera about Geocaching. We work for Voice of America and are making a news package about this. We would interview you about the process and how Geocaching works, and would accompany you on a search for a cache. If you would like to do this, please contact us with a brief description about your own experiences with Geocaching and how you would describe it to us if you were on-camera.

Thanks for your help with this. We really appreciate it!

Sara and Casey.

You might try contacting the Maryland Geocaching group: mdgps

Hello. I am a geocacher with 9 years of experience, a former college broadcaster (TV and radio), and a former volunteer producer of concert and stage play DVDs and audio CDs for H-B Woodlawn in Arlington VA. I ran a DJ service here in DC from 1979 to 1992 as a hobby. I was publicity Director of the Arlington County Fair for two years in the late 90s and appeared on camera on behalf of that organization.

My family is involved in geocaching; we just returned from a 9-day vacation during which we found 29 geocaches in West Virginia and Maryland. We also took a vacaton in May to see the solar eclipse in New Mexico; during that road trip, we found 24 geocaches in AR, OK, NM, AZ, UT, CO, KS, MO, IL, KY, and TN. Among other things, geocaching is a great way to break up a long road trip.

We have logged over 200 geocache finds in 9 years.

I used to develop computer systems for federal agencies, and one of those was for VOA in the early 90s. I worked onsite at VOA HQ for 2 years. Interesting place.

Online handle: Dreamer of Pictures

email: dreamerofpix@gmail.com

Real name, phone number etc available on request