12-12-12 Geocoin

CW88

I know there is going to be an official 12-12-12 event coin, but I had also been working on a design for 12-12-12 which I am hoping to start getting some samples of within the next couple of months.

I had already finished most of the design by the time I saw the first picture of the event design, so I had to change it a little so it wouldn't be too similar - but like that coin it will be slightly Mayan themed, with a Christmas theme too.

12-12-12 is also Kenyan Independence Day (or Jamhuri Day), and having lived there for a while I also wanted to include that in the coin somehow - so I focused on Africa for the picture of the earth. There is also going to be one version (shown below) that will be based on the Kenyan flag colours.

To start with I'm planning on making around 100 coins, probably with 7 different versions (about 15 of each at first) - but will probably do a remint for another 100-200 coins.

They will be slightly shaped - 2 inches in diameter and 3.5mm thick. With translucent and glow enamels, and will all be trackable with their own icon.

Here is the design, though there will probably be a few small changes.

12-12-12smll.jpg

And this is a 3D Photoshopped version showing the glow in the dark areas, which is how I'm hoping it will look.

redgreenlightsmll.jpgredgreenback%20lightsmll.jpg

redgreenzglowsmll.jpgredgreenbackglowsml.jpg

I just got the first samples of these yesterday and really like how they came out :D

I'm planning a few other versions too, and hope to get these for early-mid November.

I'm not sure how many I'm ordering for the first minting yet, but if it's a few hundred I'll set up reservations for some of them.

For now here are some of the versions - also showing the glow in the dark areas (which is the same on all of them so far apart from the two tone version).

12samples.jpg

I put the order in for 300 coins a few days ago. And I'm hoping to have them by mid-November, but I'm now going to be travelling at the end of November/beginning of December so if they don't arrive in time then I might only get them around December 10th.

I posted a message on my facebook group about limited reservations for these yesterday, and before I had the chance to post it here my inbox was flooded with messages and spent most of the day replying to those. So sorry if you missed it on there - I got a lot more messages than I was expecting.

I went over the number of reservations for some versions than I had wanted though (as I still want to have some to sell from my webstore for people who don't see the reservation messages). So the majority of them are reserved. If you aren't on the reservation list there should hopefully be at least 10 of each on sale from my webstore - though I'll most likely also end up doing a remint since I couldn't afford to get as many of each version as I wanted this time (only 20-25 of each version).

I'll add a couple more places on the reservation list for people here who didn't see it on Facebook - but places will be very limited.

The Black/Gold, and Blue/Green reservations are completely full though.

I'll just go in order of who posts below or sends me a message - and they'll be limited to one of each version per person for now.

The ones left to reserve are:

3 x Glow

5 x Red/Green

2 x Blue/Purple

5 x Orange/Blue

5 x Green/Brown

5 x Pink/Purple

3 x Rainbow

4 x Multicolour

5 x Orange/Brown

2 x Two Tone Black/Silver

Here are all the designs of the final versions. And I'll try to post bigger photos of the current samples that I have here too later today.

samps1small.jpg

samps2small.jpg

And here are some Photoshopped versions using my other sample photos. Some colours might be a bit off but it should at least give you an idea of what they might look like.

photoshopped.jpg

Amazing! if possible i want the upper left and the upper right of these too.

The reservation list is now full.

There will still be some available from my webstore though (but not as many as I had planned), and will let you know when the sale will be.

How can I know if I am on the reserve list or not? I posted interest on Facebook and here but have heard nothing from either site. Please advise.

CF30

Just a question. It is a two-inch coin, but the diameter is measured with or without the "tops"?

The 2 inches includes the pointed sections. But they don't reduce the size of the coin very much.

I just checked and each point sticks out about 1.5mm

If any of the reserved ones don't sell I've been making a list of people to offer them to first.

And I'll make sure to give a few days notice on here before they go on sale. It would probably be the Saturday/Sunday (evening in Europe) after I recieve them though.

They'll be £12 each. And I'm hoping they arrive within the next week, but I go away for 3 weeks next week so timing might be tight. Otherwise I should have them around Dec. 10th which is later than I'd hoped.

There were some reservations but those are full already- I've sent messages to all those who were on the reservation list to get your paypal addresses if I didn't already have them and still waiting to hear back from a few people. If the coins do arrive before I leave I'll send out the invoices and try to post as many as I can before I go.

There will still be some more available that will go on sale from my webstore - most likely on the weekend after I recieve them. Though I did more reservations than I originally planned so there won't be that many of each version available. I am planning a remint though since I had wanted to do more of each version so those might be available in January if you miss out on the first lot.

Gee, I posted a message to let me know as I wanted a few of them. Guess it was for not. I will try the store or the remint I guess. Please remember those that post on here as we really mean what we say when we say we want a few!

thanks,

MO Pirate

packerbacker31@hotmail.com

Sorry - I've had so many messages about these and it's been hard to keep track of them all over a long period of time. I wasn't going to do reservations originally but then was able to order more than I originally planned, so the reservations were a bit last minute and I only started the list from when I'd mentioned it a few weeks ago.

I've made note of your name and email though for the remint if you don't get any from the first lot.

Gee, I posted a message to let me know as I wanted a few of them. Guess it was for not. I will try the store or the remint I guess. Please remember those that post on here as we really mean what we say when we say we want a few!

thanks,

MO Pirate

packerbacker31@hotmail.com

Sorry - I've had so many messages about these and it's been hard to keep track of them all over a long period of time. I wasn't going to do reservations originally but then was able to order more than I originally planned, so the reservations were a bit last minute and I only started the list from when I'd mentioned it a few weeks ago.

I've made note of your name and email though for the remint if you don't get any from the first lot.

THANK YOU

All 18kg's of the 12-12-12 coins finally arrived today :D

But I'm leaving for the airport soon and they are too heavy to take with me so will have to wait until I'm back to send them out. I've managed to get 2-3 of each version in my bag though so will put some of those on ebay this weekend, and might be able to send invoices for some of the individual reserved coins over the next week.

But the invoices for the majority of the reserved coins I'll send around Dec. 10th once I'm back - and then the rest of the coins will go on sale from my webstore on Saturday Dec. 15th once I've had time to take better photos.