Completionist Corner

Maybe I'm just a collector at heart, but I've come across a couple of local waymarks that have strong connections to another spot in another city which would make a good waymark for someone else to log. I guess it would just be easiest to give examples:

Egg Money, Calgary -

This is one of three sculptures by the same pair of artists on the same theme using mostly the same elements. I've waymarked one of the other sculptures, Cochrane Legacy . But there is little or no chance of me getting to Saskatoon to log the third and last in the set, Egg Money 2.0. Instructions on how to find it, should anyone be going to Saskatoon, are in the text for Egg Money. I would be really tickled if someone could add Egg Money 2.0 to Waymarking. It makes part of my brain itch to think that it's out there, un-waymarked.

General Wolfe statue, Calgary -

I just submitted this waymark for approval. It's one of four bronze statues of historic figures that were placed on the facade of New York City's Echange Court building in 1898. The other three sstatues, of Peter Stuyvesant, George Clinton (NY state governor), and Henry Hudson, are all in Academy Green Park in Kingston, NY. So if any New York-area waymarkers are wondering what to do next, I'd be thrilled if these three statues were added to the site.

If anyone else has similar requests, perhaps this would be a good thread to post them on?

Edited to add link to General Wolfe statue waymark - thanks very much for a speedy approval!

Edited by Country_Wife

A nice idea!

I don't think I will ever make it to Saskatoon ;-( but two objects I waymarked come to mind that can go into this list.

The Hammering Man by Jonathan Borofsky: Already waymarked are the copies in Seattle, La Jolla, Gainesville, Frankfurt and Basel. Still waiting are Seoul, New York, Los Angeles, Minneapolis and Dallas.

The Burghers of Calais by Auguste Rodin.

There are twelve original casts worldwide, located in Calais, Kopenhagen, Mariemont, London, Philadelphia, Paris, Basel, Washington, Tokyo, Pasadena, New York City, and Seoul. Washington, Pasadena and Basel are waymarked, now go for the rest ;-)

I like this idea of making a set of related items.

This waymark in Leeds http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMEC15_Drayman_Leeds_UK is a copy of a statue that stands outside the Altien Brewery in Dortmund.

Leeds and Dortmund are twin cities and Dortmund presented the statue to Leeds on the 10th anniversary of their twinning.

Anyone visiting Dortmund will be able to complete the pairing.

Here are some small series for waymarks:

Oppenheimer's iconic "Device for Rooting Out Evil"

The original has been moved at lease once.

Vancouver

Calgary

Palma de Mallorca

Or, the ever popular LOVE sculpture by Robert Indiana

Indianapolis

Philadelphia

New Orleans

Taipei, Taiwan

Quezon City, Philippines

I'm sure there are many others.

What would constitute a complete collection is a good question.

But, isn't this what the Exact Replica category is about, or do you have something else in mind?

Oppenheimer's iconic "Device for Rooting Out Evil"

The original has been moved at least once.

I wish I had time for a more complete response to the points you've raised. For now, I'll just note that the original "Device" has had 3 homes. It was first unveiled in Venice, then moved to Vancouver, and Calgary is its current (and permanent, I trust) home. More later :-)