Prizes in Caches

Mdugent

Hi were new to the whole geocaching thing and i was reading about how there are things in the caches, before i stumble upon a cache with things in it i would like to have something else to put in. i dont want to show up with empty pockets or like something stupid and theres something cool in there. Just looking for any ideas or anything just so im prepared.

Thanks

Matt

Hi were new to the whole geocaching thing and i was reading about how there are things in the caches, before i stumble upon a cache with things in it i would like to have something else to put in. i dont want to show up with empty pockets or like something stupid and theres something cool in there. Just looking for any ideas or anything just so im prepared.

Thanks

Matt

Answers will vary person to person on this, my suggestion go to the camping section of Walmart and grab a few items under 5 bucks...then go to the dollar store and pick up a few dollar toys...I often leave swag but hardly ever take any, the best things are homemade just do a search for home made swag I'm sure there is a topic or two on it.

Just ask yourself what you would would think is cool to find. as long as it isnt perishable and wont hurt anything, put it in.

also, if its a cache in the woods, they have bug repelant wipes. man, i would have loved to have found some of those today.

but thank you for worrying about this stuff. if people put thought into it then we dont get stuck with caches full of trash.

We leave Spirit Coins (First Nations design on one side, a word on the other - Perseverence is a good one for cachers!), polished stones, marbles, dollar store stuff, $1 Hot Wheels cars when they're on sale at Wal-Mart. We don't always leave anything, but are more inclined to do so at a cache that sees young cachers.

IF you're the first to find a cache, there sometimes is a prize, be it money or something else.

Other than that, there are often trade items (swag) in a cache. They don't tend to be particularly valuable, dollar store type stuff. As an adult, I don't trade much, but I do like to have some swag on hand if my kids are with me. I like to buy bags of stuff from our local thrift store, such as plastic animals, bouncy balls etc.