Adopt a cache

Mintgrodan

Hi!

I'm really new to this with geocaching so this is maybe a self-evident question for you but not for me :/

Whatever, I saw a women who can't cache anymore so she want people to adopt her caches but how do I do when I want to adopt a cache and does it matter how far away I live from her?

/Mintgrodan

3.3. Adopting or Transferring a Cache

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=54

2.1. Listing Guidelines that Apply to All Geocaches

2. Owner is responsible for visits to the physical location.

You are responsible for occasional visits to your cache to ensure it is in proper working order, especially when someone reports a problem with the cache (missing, damaged, wet, etc.), or posts a Needs Maintenance log. Temporarily disable your cache to let others know not to search for it until you have addressed the problem. You are permitted a reasonable amount of time – generally up to 4 weeks – in which to check on your cache. If a cache is not being maintained, or has been temporarily disabled for an unreasonable length of time, we may archive the listing.

The region in which a cacher is considered able to maintain caches responsibly will vary from person to person. A cacher who has previously logged caches within a wide range of their home may be considered able to maintain a geocache 200 miles (322 km) away. However, someone whose geocaching activities have primarily been within 25 miles (40 km) of home may not be able to maintain a geocache this far from home. This factor is determined at the discretion of the cache reviewer or Groundspeak.

B.

Hi!

I'm really new to this with geocaching so this is maybe a self-evident question for you but not for me :/

Whatever, I saw a women who can't cache anymore so she want people to adopt her caches but how do I do when I want to adopt a cache and does it matter how far away I live from her?

/Mintgrodan

It doesn't matter how far you live from her, but it does matter how far you live from the caches. :)

If she allows you to adopt them, then they become your caches, and your responsibility to maintain them when problems occur.

Will you be able to go to the locations and fix them, repair damage, replace logbooks, maybe move them to a slightly different position if necessary within a few weeks of becoming aware of a problem?

If your answer is 'Yes' and you fully understand what it means to be a good cache owner, then I'd say 'Go ahead'.

MrsB