CamelBak (Industrial & Military)

Team Shuey

Just so I'm clear here...

I do remember reading a while back that there were some special promo codes and such for us geocachers, and wanted to make sure that was still the case...

I'll be ordering 2 hopefully within the next week from the Shueys, and wanted to make sure that the prices on the site were the ones for us cachers. :-)

Yes, we should still be using the geo123 code, I believe -- for 10% off. I'm actually ordering something this week -- finally!

On a side note, I did find one other place online that had things slightly cheaper (only by a few dollars) -- but I think Team Shuey's Geocaching support/affiliation makes it well worth going with him in any case. Thanks for being here, Shuey!

- John...

JUST A NOTE TO EVERYONE...

CamelBak still has everyone on backorder for ANY styles that are for military or law enforcement. The only packs that we have available at this time in those styles are:

BFM Olive Drab (2 in stock)

M.U.L.E. Black (1 in stock)

M.U.L.E. Woodland Camo (1 in stock)

ThermoBak 2L (1 in stock)

THAT'S IT!!!!!!

CamelBak still tells us that the backorder is 2-3 weeks due to some major orders that have been placed for the military. Team Shuey even had an order for 375 BFM's three weeks ago!

Team Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Favorite Quote: What should you do if you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

Now I need some advice...

I'd like a pack about the same size as my jansport (book bacg size), or maybe a bit biger. The more pockets/organizers the better, as I always find myself carrying small items that ust get jumbled in the botom.

Ideally, I'd like two - one for me and one for my wife. Unfortunatley (this week) we onlt have about $120 to spend. If I wait a week or two, we have signifigantly more.

So, here's what I'm looking at:

Blowfish (no molle, few compartments, right size, right price)

M.U.L.E. 3L (molle, lots of compartments, size?)

H.A.W.G (molle, lots of compartments, might be too big?)

Transformer (molle, tons! of compartments, maybe too big?)

I think I'm partial to the transformer mecause of the additional compartments, and I can change sizes at will....

Any thoughts?

Hey all,

I would love to have a 100oz CamelBack but I just did not have the cash for that kind of purchase. While looking at the local Meijer store, I found a High Sierra pack. It hold 2 liters of water and has a small pack that I use to hold a knife, small flashlight, a digital camera, my eTrex Legend and a notepad and pencil. This pack is also separate from the water area so if there is a leak it is safe. The coolest part of all this is the pack was only $19.99! I used it 3 days straight hiking and going through caves with no problems. Now if Shuey can hook it up with a 100oz CamelBack for that price, I'll take 5! icon_smile.gif Now, his deal is rockin, but if your on a budget look into the High Sierra.

Thanks all,

Rich

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

-Dr Seuss

quote:
Originally posted by Wampa:

Now I need some advice...

Blowfish (no molle, few compartments, right size, right price)

M.U.L.E. 3L (molle, lots of compartments, size?)

H.A.W.G (molle, lots of compartments, might be too big?)

Transformer (molle, tons! of compartments, maybe too big?)

I think I'm partial to the transformer mecause of the additional compartments, and I can change sizes at will....

Any thoughts?

Hi Wampa,

I know this is a tough choice. I have 3 camelbaks:

a black MULE used around town and mountain biking

a OD Motherlode used for the trail and even flea markets.

a desert Camo Thermoback 2 liter. used for yard work and beach power walks and could be added to the outside of the other packs, especially the Motherlode.

The MULE is a really nice size and is great for short hikes. If you need to go further the size can be a limit. The new models have MOLLE straps so you can easily attach other things.

Be sure to get the military or maximum gear as these are much tougher and better made.

Good luck ou your purchase, Agreatscot

[This message was edited by AGREATSCOT on September 17, 2003 at 09:08 AM.]

Wampa said:

"I'd like a pack about the same size as my jansport (book bacg size), or maybe a bit biger. "

I have a HAWG and am very happy with the front-back balance. The Jansports that I used prior made me feel pulled backwards when loaded. The HAWG doesn't, even when loaded with extra water bottles in the outside pocket.

The HAWG is a little smaller than the Jansport when you have it's reservoir full. I haven't found any need to buy and attach any MOLLE pieces yet. Once I get my HT I will.

Go a step up from the HAWG and you'll be happy with the storage.

Todd-K7PKT

Cadence

(OddTodd-K7PKT and CheleBell-XYL)

quote:
Originally posted by Cadence (OddTodd-K7PKT & CheleBell):

Go a step up from the HAWG and you'll be happy with the storage.

Todd-K7PKT

Cadence

Hi Todd,

Question, do you feel you should have gone to a larger pack, lets say the Motherlode or BFM for a little extra space?

OR, did you go with the 'HAWG' as related to 'HAM' LOL!

Take care, Agreatscot AKA Peter

PS: Shuey Et All, the Avatar I am using is a BFM! In this case a BFM is a Big Furry Monster!

quote:

PS: Shuey Et All, the Avatar I am using is a BFM! In this case a BFM is a Big Furry Monster!

YOU WEREN'T KIDDING WERE YOU!!! I clicked on your profile, and was shocked when I was able to inlarge the avatar. Very Cool!

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Favorite Quote: What should you do if you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

Hehehe, actually got the HAWG before the Ham (license).

No, I picked the right size. Any bigger and I would start packing the kitchen sink. I know that I would fill any space provided (Should see the basement). The HAWG is slightly smaller than the Jansport that I used to use, but I never used all of the Jansport space. I'm able to carry everything in it that I carried before.

The MOLLE add-ons will take care of any additional space I need down the road - you should see this HAWG and all of the possible attachment points!

No regrets, exactly what I wanted, provided on time by Team Shuey. Happy Todd.

Wish I was an artist so I could try to win another!

Shuey,

Any Camelbaks in purple? (Wife's favorite color)

T.

Cadence

Hate to ask this question but with the long thread, I looked at the beginning and end 20 or so and nothing in between. What are the current 'deals' offered to cachers?

quote:
Originally posted by Team Shuey:

quote:

YOU WEREN'T KIDDING WERE YOU!!! I clicked on your profile, and was shocked when I was able to inlarge the avatar. Very Cool!

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

http://www.apollobeach.com/geocaching/main.shtml

Buy CamelBaks

http://www.reliancesales.com

quote:
Originally posted by AGREATSCOT:

Did you get your new pack?

I've got a MULE to tied me over -- the Motherlodes are still backordered, unfortunately! I've told Shuey that I'll be ordering one as soon as they can get more stock. I'm having some last-minute thoughts that I might go for the BFM instead -- not sure yet though. I really need to figure out how much space I want.

In any case, the MULE arrived yesterday (just in time for me to take it to a Boy Scout Camporee that I am in charge of this weekend)! So far, I really like it -- the MULE seems the perfect size for geocaching (as well as day-supplies for a Camporee or a biking trip -- which are my three primary intended uses!)

Shuey was also kind enough to donate two MULEs to be given away as prizes at the MiGO (Michigan Geocaching Organization) Fall Fun Day 2003 Event! Team Shuey rocks! Thanks again, Shuey!

- John...

quote:
Originally posted by John & Bretta:

...Shuey was also kind enough to donate two MULEs to be given away as prizes at the http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=73819! Team Shuey rocks! Thanks again, Shuey!

- John...

Team Shuey you are fantastic in your support of Geocaching!

That sounds like a great event, John. The GeoGolf is a fun idea. What is the length of the course, if you know.

Great idea to get the MULE for your bike rides. I use mine when I go mountain bike.

I think the BFM might be a good move. Those side pockets are the only difference and shouild be real convenient.

John, you rock for your support of the Scouts!

Hey, team Shuey do you carry gloves. How about a geocaching glove? Most of us throw gloves in for our excursions. I could use an XL cowhide exterior, lined. Have anything like that? With the camo Geocaching patch (or a reasonable facimile) on the back of the hand! OOPs I may be going too far.

quote:
Originally posted by AGREATSCOT:

That sounds like a great event, John. The GeoGolf is a fun idea. What is the length of the course, if you know.

I'm just a participant at this point -- not a coordinator or anything. Trippy1976 is the main MiGO dude in charge. 3Bees is in charge of the prizes and such, I believe.

In any case, I just saw a post from Trippy today that says the course is about a mile long ("depending on how you play it"). My wife and I are really looking forward to it! Should be great fun!

quote:
Great idea to get the MULE for your bike rides. I use mine when I go mountain bike.

Well, I spent the weekend with the MULE and really liked it. Granted, it was rainy and cold most of the time, so I didn't have to drink that much water -- but I can tell it would really be a great thing to have on a hot summer day if hiking and, especially, for bike trips. I'll definitely be using it when the Scouts and I do the 50-miler bike hike...

quote:
I think the BFM might be a good move. Those side pockets are the only difference and shouild be real convenient.

I'm thinking so too. I like the look of the Motherload a bit better -- but the BFM might be best for the backpacking I hope to do next year. Guess I'll have to decide soon...

quote:
John, you rock for your support of the Scouts!

Thanks! I do enjoy it -- mainly when I have a chance to sit back AFTER the events and think about how they went. So, LAST week, when I was freaking out with all of the last minute details because I was in charge of the Camporee, it wasn't so great... icon_smile.gif But, THIS week, now that it is all over and all went fairly well (the weather excluded), I'm really happy that I can help to do such events and think that they are really worth it for the Scouts... They seemed to have a good time, at least.

- John...

P.S. Shuey - when do we get to see the contest entries and find out who won? I spent way too much should-have-been-real-work time on those entries! icon_smile.gif

Hey Everyone,

I want to apologise for not paying too much attention to the forum, but everything has become VERY hectic in my life lately!

I will try to get caught up with reading the post, and try to answer as many questions as I can this weekend.

Note to John,

I am going to try to promote the contest a little better this weekend, and extend it for about three weeks. For some reason I have only received about three entries???

I quess there isn't too many people who are interested in receiving a FREE CamelBak BFM???

Have fun at the geo-event this weekend!

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

Hey Team shuey,

I am interested in the contest but my schedule has been maxed out like yours. Please show a sample or 2 if you can so we can see the direction you want to go with this. And save that desert Camo BFM for me, I intend to win! LOL! Peter AKA Agreatscot

PS Did you see my post suggesting Geocaching Gloves? It could be good. But I don't know about a dozen at a time.

quote:
Originally posted by piaa_nissan:

Team Shuey, I was looking at the H.A.W.G. 3L on your website. It says $89.60 under the thumbnail but when I click into the description it says $102.40. Which is the correct price?

I honestly can't answer your question as of WHY it is showing up that way. I check the website from three diferent computers, and one of them does say $89.60???

The actual price is $102.40 which is 20% off the MSRP.

I'll try to figure out why the prices are diferent.

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:
For some reason I have only received about three entries???

I quess there isn't too many people who are interested in receiving a FREE CamelBak BFM???

Shuey

We've sent 4 your way amid some back-and-forth discussion, plus others have mentioned their entries in the thread. Were you still going to put up a link so we can see what entries you've received?

--------------------

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

quote:

We've sent 4 your way?

I don't show any from you??? I wonder if you sent them when our system got the Blaster Virus!!

Please send all entries to banners@reliancesales.com

Thanks,

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

HEY EVERYONE!!!

I am bringing back the geo123 discount code to take off an additional 10%. The sales have slacked off with the weather getting cooler, but I know everyone needs a new CamelBak for Christmas! icon_biggrin.gif The prices on the web site already reflect 20% off the retali price, and the discount code is only available to geocachers so they can save 30% total off the MSRP.

The geo123 code will expire November 14th, 2003.

To use the code just select the product that you wish to purchase from our web site, and then add the discount code during checkout.

Thanks again,

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

[This message was edited by Team Shuey on October 04, 2003 at 10:20 PM.]

quote:

quote:

We've sent 4 your way?

I don't show any from you??? I wonder if you sent them when our system got the Blaster Virus!!

Please send all entries to banners@reliancesales.com)

I'll have to recreate them at this point. They've been flushed.

--------------------

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

quote:

HEY EVERYONE!!!

I am bringing back the _geo123_ discount code to take off an additional 10%. The sales have slacked off with the weather getting cooler, but I know everyone needs a new CamelBak for Christmas! icon_biggrin.gif The prices on the web site already reflect 20% off the retali price, and the discount code is only available to geocachers so they can save 30% total off the MSRP.

The _geo123_ code will expire November 14th, 2003.

To use the code just select the product that you wish to purchase from our web site, and then add the discount code during checkout.

.]

Hi Team Shuey,

Ok that is all I needed. The empress (my lovely wife) has authorized the funds for a BFM Desert Camo for my birthday!

I tried checkout but Paypal did not work. By the way, as mentioned in a prior post, the price shows 131.50 before I click on it (That can't be right) and after I click it says $159.20. After the geo123 it should be around 140.00 + shipping to the Peoples Republic of California.

I will email this to you.

Thanks, Peter AKA Agreatscot

[This message was edited by AGREATSCOT on October 05, 2003 at 02:43 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Leemann:

Next Year? Today in fact ordered a B F M

and bite valve cover. Team Shuey Rocks! icon_smile.gif

Thanks

Leemann

AC7KT

Utah Association of Geocachers

Captain gps needs batteries got any?. Hows the Enterprise

sposed to navigate way out here with out em?

Hi Leemann,

Congratulations on the new BFM. I too ordered a BFM with that discount back. Question for you, is the bite valve cover for cold weather or to keep it clean?

Thanks, Agreatscot AKA Peter

Thanks for the info Leeman. I think I may need to get a couple of those. On a hike last summer, I put my motherlode Camelbak down and it decided to roll off the rock into a mudpuddle. Of course, the bite valve was at the bottom in the muck! I guess I needed some minerals in my diet.

Let us know how the BFM works out,Peter

Agreatscot.

Not yet plan to soon geting my gear together. Need pouches for my radios scanner phone ect.

cannot wait. Have a Mule in use now and love to death.

Leemann Thats how I spell it AH who cares..

Not me..

Leemann,

Got it right this time! You are going to love that BFM. I have mine loaded and ready for a Geocaching hike in Rocky Point.

However, that is on the border between Simi Valley and the San Fernando Valley and it is on fire right now! Those caches are burned. I guess I will delay that until after Halloween. It won't be a pretty sight.

May God bless and protect the fearless firefighters. By the way, LA County and City Fire Dept. use Camelbaks!

Agreatscot Thanks nicname given me by an officer I work with at the dept store. we use ours whan doing public service tied to UCARES(Utah county amateur radio emergency service)

Leemann

Awww, I got a HAWG a month or two back, told a friend about the deals Shuey offers, he asked for the web site, and every time I try to pull it up I get a 'not found'. Anybody know whats up?

Cheers

just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you

quote:
Originally posted by Gory:

Awww, I got a HAWG a month or two back, told a friend about the deals Shuey offers, he asked for the web site, and every time I try to pull it up I get a 'not found'. Anybody know whats up?

Cheers

I am sorry everyone!!!!

Times have been VERY slow for Team Shuey, and the business has made a terrible decline over the last 3 months, so I have no choice but to close it down.

I do have a few recreational MULES available if anyone is interested give me a call at 813-376-0566.

Thannks for everyones support,

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:

I am sorry everyone!!!!

Times have been VERY slow for Team Shuey, and the business has made a terrible decline over the last 3 months, so I have no choice but to close it down.

I do have a few recreational MULES available if anyone is interested give me a call at 813-376-0566.

Thannks for everyones support,

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Hello Chris and Team Shuey,

I am so sorry to hear about your business. You have been terrific in service and support for geocaching, Boy Scouts, etc. I know you are a victim of short supply due to the war demands on Camelbak.

I wish you the best of success for your future endeavors,thank you, Peter AKA Agreatscot

Geocachers do it with coordinates!

quote:
Originally posted by rghermes:

This link still works. You may want to look at it, Shuey.

http://store.yahoo.com/reliancesales/recreational.html

I emailed an order for some accessories to Chris at Team Shuey and he said to use that link so it is still up. Anybody that needs accessories, Team Shuey still has some so please order and show our support!

Geocachers do it with coordinates!