CamelBak (Industrial & Military)

Team Shuey

quote:
Ok, I'm intrigued.

American Light Infantry.....

Tell me if I'm on the right track, please.

T.

You are close. A.L.I.C.E. stands for "All-purpose, Lightweight, Individual, Carrying Equipment". My friend is in the Marine Corps and recommended I get one at an Army/Navy store when I was back in college. I used it to lug around massive amounts of books and now use it whenever I take an overnight trip. It is a great ruck sack, built to last and shows no signs of wear even after many years of use. Long live mil spec!

~bLaZe007

[This message was edited by blaze007 on July 16, 2003 at 05:22 PM.]

Thanks bLaZe007!

Guessing acronyms when they cheat and say that A stands for All-Purpose...sheesh!

Oh well, when I am in control, things will change.

I believe I have approval to get the H.A.W.G in OD next paycheck. The Activities Coordinator and Financial Budgeteer (no good acronym for this one - it's my lovely wife) agrees that carrying water is more and more necessary the further we get from our home. Isn't she awesome!?

OddTodd

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)

quote:
Originally posted by Cadence (OddTodd & CheleBell):

Thanks bLaZe007!

I believe I have approval to get the H.A.W.G in OD next paycheck. The Activities Coordinator and Financial Budgeteer (no good acronym for this one - it's my lovely wife) agrees that carrying water is more and more necessary the further we get from our home. Isn't she awesome!?

OddTodd

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)

You will like the HAWG. If you are in a hot sunny area, you may regret the OD green. Black is worse. I got the desert camo, cause it is VERY hot and sunny here.

As for the wife acronym, how about L.O.V.E.L.Y.W.I.F.E., and when someone asks what it stands for, tell them it is too long to remember.

icon_biggrin.gif

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

I live in a pretty mild temperature area, maybe once in a year we will have a week of over 100F. Here's my reasoning for picking the OD color. I figure it will be less conspicuous than a camo version when 'caching in public. I'll still look enough like a permanent-college-student to be able to lounge in public. When out hunting it will be 'drab' enough to not startle the critters.

I want the H.A.W.G because soon I will be able to have a ham radio in my pack (soon as I can get a test date) and it looks like it accomodates it.

Besides, if I DID get the Desert Camo version, and a Texas Chihuahua. I'd have to pay someone royalties on my next Avatar! icon_biggrin.gif

T.

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)

Holy crap! Within 15 minutes of ordering a BFM on Shuey's site, and I've already received an e-mail saying my pack shipped with a tracking number!!!

Plus, there was no excessive shipping/handling charge... a flat $6.95 UPS (ymmv depending on your state).

Talk about excellent customer service!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Sportcat:

Holy crap! Within 15 minutes of ordering a BFM on Shuey's site, and I've already received an e-mail saying my pack shipped with a tracking number!!!!!!!!

I knew you were going to say that!!!!

NOW THAT'S SERVICE!!!!

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Favorite Quote: What should you do if you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:

I live in a pretty mild temperature area, maybe once in a year we will have a week of over 100F.

Cool. Many people think your state is all green and trees etc. That is only the western 1/2. You know what the eastern 1/2 is like too I suppose.

quote:
I want the H.A.W.G because soon I will be able to have a ham radio in my pack (soon as I can get a test date) and it looks like it accomodates it.

Actually, I have a small pouch hung on the side of the pack for the radio. I use a remote control mic hung over the shoulder to control the radio. I can send detailed photos if you ask.

quote:
Besides, if I DID get the Desert Camo version, and a Texas Chihuahua. I'd have to pay someone royalties on my next Avatar! icon_biggrin.gif

Naaaa... just knowing that someone else is cleaning up the DOOTS like I have to do is amusing enough, no royalties needed. icon_biggrin.gif

BTW, looks like the OD is no longer available. Guess you will need another choice now... either color, or a different model. My son (in Iraq) uses a MULE. It won't carry all of my gear, but I always pack for the worst case.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

BTW, if you want to see all the stuff I carry in my HAWG, go to THIS PHOTO.

Remember, everything in the desert is 5 or more miles away, and if you don't bring it with you - you do without it.

El Paso, Texas.

Nice pack,

you pack like I do, Worst Case Scenario. When out on excursions, I usually pack the survival kit, first aid kit extra water, gloves, extra hat, flashlight, Leatherman Wave - and then all the Geocaching stuff.

Just to keep it on topic, is the M.U.L.E. that much smaller really? What's a step up from the H.A.W.G.?

I'm so used to carrying the Jansport bags - dark colors, that anything will seem cooler.

Thank your son for me. Hope he comes home safe and soon.

T.

P.S. I know that my cat would be merely a snack for your Chihuahua - but he's easy to maintain.

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)

[This message was edited by Cadence (OddTodd & CheleBell) on July 17, 2003 at 02:31 PM.]

quote:

Nice pack,

you pack like I do, Worst Case Scenario.

Just to keep it on topic, is the M.U.L.E. that much smaller really? What's a step up from the H.A.W.G.?

Yep, the MULE is a good bit smaller. Not sure what the next step up is. You might check the Camelbak site, under - military - products - 100 oz units.

I will not comment on the cat!

icon_biggrin.gif

El Paso, Texas.

I figured that everyone would like it if I were to post a price list here in the forums.

This list is for the CamelBak Military Spec packs. The MSRP is listed, and I have added to show you what the NEW prices are with them being 25% off.

I am only able to do the 25% off on the packs themselves. The accessories are 10% off ONLY if you purchase them at the same time that you purchase a pack.

ONE MORE NOTE: The ThermoBak 3L is no longer available!

The price sheet is in .XLS (MS Excell) format, and the file is 145k.

Here is the price list:

Shuey is the best CamelBak dealer I know!

Later,

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Favorite Quote: What should you do if you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:
Originally posted by Cadence (OddTodd & CheleBell): Just to keep it on topic, is the M.U.L.E. that much smaller really? What's a step up from the H.A.W.G.?

OT,

I believe the "MotherLode" (1,700 cu in) would be the next closest size up from the "H.A.W.G." (1,100 cu in). The "Transformer" is a little smaller than the H.A.W.G. at (950 cu in). Probably better to err on the side of a larger pack.

~bLaZe007

quote:

Should I call in my order?

OddTodd

Yes! You can call it in. I am in the process of making a DISCOUNT NUMBER available to geocachers so that the prices will reflec those on the excell sheet during checkout.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:
Originally posted by RobAGD:

Ok I think I have taken every posiable picture of my BFM, its all in the thread in General that i slink in my earlier post.

-Robert

This just brings tears to my eyes!!! icon_wink.gif

I know I have made someone happy when they start taking multiple pictures of themselves wearing my CamelBaks!

YOU KNOW...

I just may have to get me one of those BFMs for myself! I have never opened one up, and seen what was inside. I just put them in a box, and ship them back out!

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

FREE RESEVOIR DRYER

For anyone who is interested!

When you purchase any CamelBak from the web site just ADD a reservoir dryer to the order, and add "geoshuey" (without quotes) for the coupon code during checkout. This will add the dryer to your order for free.

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

Hey Sheuy,

My BFM came today (I was waiting outside the UPS hub this morning to pick it up... I couldn't stand to wait for it all day at work).

Anyway, looks like a great, solid pack. So many more features than what camelbak.com states.

The free resevoir dryer would have been since, but such is life. Thanks for the great price on a great pack.

-Sportcat

Help me out here, this thred is rather long at 5 pages, I red a good bit of it but please could you answer these questions, it may help other latecomers too;

1. are the prices on your website (in red) the prices GEOcachers pay, or are the discounts on top of these?

2. What 'specials' currently apply? (discount on extras, free dryers?) and what 'code words' do we use on the order form to ensure we get them?

3. the Motherlode - I carry a quantity of photography equipment when hikeing/ GEOcacheing, do the compartments stay dry or is humidity/ any leakage from the bladder likely to intrude?

4. Is there a larger product than the Motherlode? if so, same question as 3.

Thanks in advance, I must say it looks like you are offering a great deal

Gory

quote:
Originally posted by Gory:

Help me out here, this thred is rather long at 5 pages, I red a good bit of it but please could you answer these questions, it may help other latecomers too;

1. are the prices on your website (in red) the prices GEOcachers pay, or are the discounts on top of these?

2. What 'specials' currently apply? (discount on extras, free dryers?) and what 'code words' do we use on the order form to ensure we get them?

3. the Motherlode - I carry a quantity of photography equipment when hikeing/ GEOcacheing, do the compartments stay dry or is humidity/ any leakage from the bladder likely to intrude?

4. Is there a larger product than the Motherlode? if so, same question as 3.

Thanks in advance, I must say it looks like you are offering a great deal

Gory

ANSWERS:

#1. The prices in red are what everyone pays. The majority of my business is from geocachers so I just left the prices where they are, and done away with the discount codes to save prices. (better deals now anyway!)

#2. Depending on the pack you choose it will save you from 20%-35% off the MSRP. The only other extra that we have at this time is the FREE DRYER offer. To get the free dryer you must do the following:

When you purchase any CamelBak from the web site just ADD a reservoir dryer to the order, and add "geoshuey" (without quotes) for the coupon code during checkout. This will add the dryer to your order for free.

#3. To tell you the truth I can't answer that! I used a M.U.L.E., and a H.A.W.G., but not enough to notice any moisture inside the pack. (Maybe others who monitor this thread can give you a better answer?)

#4. The largest pack that CamelBak makes is the BFM. It is basically the same as the MotherLode, but has several extra pockets on the outside, and the inside has dividers to separate the front from the back. It is about the same size as a medium Alice pack.

I hope this helps,

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

CamelBak is beginning to voice their opinion on our low prices, and want us to change them to be competitive with everyone else.

HERE IS WHAT WE DID:

1. The prices on the web site has 15% off the MSRP now for everyone.

2. For geocachers there is a special discount code that you must enter during checkout to get an ADDITIONAL 15% off. (This will make it so that geocachers get 30% off total.

3.To get the discount the code is geo123

NOTE this discount is only for online purchases.

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:
Originally posted by FangFour:

Hey TS,

I just purchased a BFM (still waiting for a tracking number) and was wondering: What does BFM stand for?

We were out of the BFM's and were expecting them in on Friday. We did track them to see when they will arrive to us, and they will be here Monday. (ALL BFM'S THAT WERE ORDERED THIS WEEK WILL GET A FREE RESERVIOR DRYER). We have about 7 other orders for BFMs that will ship on Monday as well if others are curious about what has happened.

ANOTHER THING:

Anyone who has placed an order before 1 p.m. on Friday your order has shipped! We have had a problem with the YAHOO Store's email notification program, and have had people tell us that they are not receiving confirmation of the package being shipped. If your order was placed AFTER 1 p.m. it will ship on Monday as well. If your order was placed before 1 p.m., and you wish to have your tracking number just let me know, and I will resend it to you.

SPECIAL THANKS!!!!

I would like to take a moment, and thank everyone that has purchased CamelBaks from us using this thread. Over the last month we have had a hard time keeping items in stock due to the higher number of purchases due to this thread. A report shows that we sold 127 packs in the last 7 days!!! 32% of the sales were from geocachers!! icon_biggrin.gif

Thansk again,

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:
Originally posted by Semirage:

Heya TS,

Any idea when more desert camo H.A.W.G's would be available? Went to order and looks like Cadence got the last one. icon_frown.gif

Regards,

Semirage

In about 3 minutes!!!! I need to update the inventory. I have one left!!!!

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:
Originally posted by Team Shuey:

quote:
Originally posted by Semirage:

Heya TS,

Any idea when more desert camo H.A.W.G's would be available? Went to order and looks like Cadence got the last one. icon_frown.gif

Regards,

Semirage

In about 3 minutes!!!! I need to update the inventory. I have one left!!!!

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

http://www.apollobeach.com/geocaching/main.shtml

Buy CamelBaks

http://www.reliancesales.com

SORRY!!! SORRY!!! SORRY!!!

Please disregard the last post. I was thinking WOODLAND CAMO which I have 2 left.

I am expecting an order in UPS today that has a few in it! When they arrive I will post it here.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

I just wanted to let everyone know who ordered a BFM that they did come in today, and will ship tomorrow. icon_biggrin.gif

I am also carrying the BLOWFISH style in blue for $65.50 each. The normal retail is $90.

To place an order for the Blowfish you will need to call. I haven't had time to update the web site to include them yet.

BLOWFISH

pl_60019.jpg

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:
Originally posted by Gory:

shuey, tried to buy a desert camo HAWG today, and it won't let me, any idea when you will have them back in stock?

Thanks

Gory

just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you

They should be available now. We only have two in stock.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

Hello,

Greetings from a former 'Lurker' who has been following this thread. I'm new to Geocaching and am 'gearing up'. I have a OD Motherlode, a black mule, and a desert camo 2L Thermobak. They are all mil spec. The Motherlode has been used for hiking, desert exploring, and even flea markets. The thermobak is perfect for yardwork and fitness walks(in the California sun) The Black Mule is for around town.

I want to address the questions about what you attach to the MOLLE attachments. I use equipment from Bianchi, Blackhawk industries, and Eagle Indusrties such as dual magazine cases for a swiss army knife and a flashlight.

I also use a 'm16' mag case from blackhawk for my PDA (Handspring Prism with a GPS Module). FYI Eagle industries makes the backpacks for Camelbak and is teriffic.

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/

http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/product_catalog.asp?cat_id=58&d=

http://www.eagleindustries.com/

I have bought my packs from Ebay. Tean Shuey you will get my future business when I upgrade to a BFM Desert Camo, you are fantastic..

Sorry if too wordy on first posting, Agreatscot

[This message was edited by AGREATSCOT on August 05, 2003 at 01:16 AM.]

It's HERE! Yeeehaw!

Nice. REALLY nice! I've fondled the Recreational quality Camelbaks before and the material beefiness of these MilSpec packs are impressive. There is no comparison.

For those jumping in at this point, I ordered this pack from TeamShuey's company on 7/27 - I received it today 8/5(UPS Ground to WA).

It's the H.A.W.G. in Desert Camo, and it is about the same size as my Jansport pack was - before it suddenly became retired 5 minutes ago.

I'm looking forward to trying it out, just inspected it and got the straps sized to my bulk. I understand a little more about the MOLLE system now that I've seen the pack.

A Big Thanks to TeamShuey for making this available to Geocachers - excellent price, fast service, easy to work with.

Todd Cady - Very Happy Camper!

P.S. Not that I need to, but how do you remove the bite valve on this Hydrolink system? Tried pushing the grey buttons on each side, but must need to push a little harder or something - don't want to break it in that much!

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)

Hey....

What better place to find stuff for your cache trip....! Keep postin' the stuff for sale.... and I'll take a freee one too!!

...ha ha only kidding, I have a amelBack and use it all the time.....$$$well spent, especially when you drinking that cool water and your fellow cachers are headin' back to the local "stop&rob" for a cool-aid.

.... and lots of extra pockets for your stuff..

later...and Safe Caching,

Dave

Akron,Ohio

I am now carrying the CamelBak Kid's Packs!!!

I have the following models available:

Skeeter 35oz. (Krushed Orange)

Skeeter 350z. (Ka-Blue)

Scout 35oz. (Crimsom"RED")

I also started carrying the BLOWFISH Style 100oz. system for those of you who have been asking.

These styles are available now on our web site.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

Update/Report: Desert Camo H.A.W.G. 3L.

Did some Geocaching in Moscow,ID and some Huckleberry picking north of Spokane. Each time I filled the bag with ice and filtered water.

Average time kept ice cold - 4.5 hours.

Average time kept cooler than me - 9 hours.

I could not drink enough to empty it. I tried. The insulated tube cover is almost a must - the water still warmed up, but not as bad as an un-insulated one I tried.

Storage is great, the air-vents on the back kept my back from getting too hot - still sweat but cooler than normal. I like the straps and places to hook various unsundries.

Even for my frame, the pack fit and was easily adjusted. I admit that I forgot I had it on while picking berries - I almost stopped to go back to the vehicle for water, then noticed the tube and bite valve off to the side.

Thanks again Team Shuey!

T.

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)

Team Shuey,

Do you carry an accessory the military Ergo Hydrolock? This is the one that has a shutoff and puts the Big Bite Valve at a 90 degree to the tube for easier drinking? The Military one is supposed to be black not blue and yellow like the civilian version.

Thanks, Peter aka Agreatscot

For the first time, I emptied the 100 oz CamelBak during one cache today.

(98 degrees, 60% humidity, 1.75 hours going up and down hills and such.....)

Put ice in for the first time, too. It's great, but an insulated tube would be better.

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif