CamelBak (Industrial & Military)

Team Shuey

The CamelBaks seem to be a big hit in the geocaching community. I have recently run a banner ad on the pages of Geocaching.com, and the sales couldn't be better. If you see the banner be sure to check it out. We are now carrying all the accessories for the CamelBaks as well.

Again Thanks,

Team Shuey

quote:
Originally posted by ict X ckr:

After getting dehydrated last summer. I was very interested in this offer and ordered a M.U.L.E. I couldn't be happier with what arrived on the front porch, lots of storage and places to attach things, changed my carried items to one comfortable, useable item. Thanks Shuey, for my best Christmas present.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

Leave it to Uncle Sam to make something simple sound like something complex. On the MULE, MOLLE refers to the four pairs of strap channels on the back of the lower pocket. You can attach pouches or other items that have similar channels by weaving a strap in and out of the channels vertically. As far as I know, Camelbak does not sell any such pouches. Not sure who does.

Groundhound

quote:
Originally posted by Team Shuey:

quote:
Originally posted by GoldKey:

YOU GOT ME???

I will ask CamelBak, and find out though.

Any word back from Camelback? I even took the pack to the local army surplus store (they stock the same pack) and they could not tell me.

Chris

WHAT IS MOLLE?

_Definition:_

Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment

_Explanation:_

Modular Lightweight Load-Carrying Equipment ( MOLLE )

Over the last few years, the military has taken some dramatic steps to modernize the equipment issued to the grunt. Some of it has been very minor changes some have been very drastic and long over due.

Two pieces of equipment that have been a thorn in the side of a grunt and long over due for modernization are his rucksack and his load bearing equipment. The biggest problem with the rucksack was that it lacked flexibility. No matter what your mission was or how long it was supposed to last you carried the same rucksack. It was either loaded to the point were it looked like it would burst open or it was sinched down so that it felt like a waste of time to carry a ruck that large with so little in it.

Your web gear or load bearing equipment just was not very practical. I have heard that in some units everyone had to wear their LBE exactly the same, this must have been a royal pain. I was always told that the LBE was to be worn for comfort and configured in a way that was compatible with the mission. The only problem was that you were really limited to pistol belt space only. There were smaller items that could be attached to the suspenders and I have seen some wannabe's with knives attached inverted to them or first aid pouches that would either dump the contents on the ground if inverted or cause you to pop yourself in the face when opened in a hurry, but realistically you had the pistol belt. Any grunt worth his salt was carrying between 4 and 6 mag pouches, at least 2 canteens, 2 first aid pouches, a fixed blade knife and a butt pack, not to mention depending upon your actual position and unit SOP, a handgun holster, entrenching tool, etc. I am sure it is pretty easy, for those of you who were not grunts, to see that your pistol belt soon turned into a military version of Batman's utility belt. Except not as comfortable to wear.What was needed was a way to tailor your ruck and web gear to the mission at hand. Extended trips to the field or being deployed dictates that you carry more mission essential items as well as personal comfort items than if your spending the week in the field. The only way to truly tailor your gear toward the mission was to make it modular. Specialty Defense, of Dunmore,Pennsylvania designed and manufacturers the Modular Lightweight Load-Carrying Equipment (MOLLE) systems.

The MOLLE was designed to increase soldier comfort, reduce fatigue, and increase efficiency; all of which will make the soldier more lethal and less likely to become a casualty. For example, ability to transfer the rucksack load between the shoulders and hips decreases the fatigue associated with carrying the rucksack entirely on the shoulders. Those of you who have ever had to carry a 70 plus pound ruck KNOW what this means. I have to admit, that this was one of two features on the rucksack that took me a few hours to get used to. It's not that it was hard to figure out, it was hard to remember that the heavy ruck did not need to be uncomfortable. While I am on the subject, the other feature that took me a little time to get used to, and what is actually responsible for the ability to shift the weight from the shoulders to the hips, was the socket system that attaches the ruck to the load bearing vest. Specialty Defense designed a system that, while donning the ruck, allows you to slip the lower section of frame into a socket that is mounted on the belt of the vest. When you transfer the weight from your shoulders to your hips, this is where it actually takes place. Getting used to hitting the socket with the correct part of the frame was easily accomplished, but not being used to a ruck like this my initial technique was to throw the ruck up onto my shoulders and head out. Again, once I remembered why I needed to hook the frame to the socket ( and wanted to take advantage of the weight transfer ability) it became second nature in donning and doffing of the ruck. Bear in mind that if you need to move out in a hurry, you can still throw this ruck up on one shoulder and beat feet.

--SHUEY icon_biggrin.gif

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

http://www.apollobeach.com/geocaching/main.shtml

Buy CamelBaks

http://www.reliancesales.com/camelbakstore.shtml

I tried to purchase a Camelbak military HAWG on the Reliance Sales web site today, and entered the proper discount code ("geocaching") as the Shueys' web site still advertises. The code was not accepted, so apparently there is no longer a discount for Geocachers. That's too bad, I really wanted to spend the money with a geocaching-friendly business, but without the discount, the price is higher than some of the other online retailers I've found.

I'll wait a day or so just to see if maybe there's been a mistake.

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

quote:
Originally posted by ScottJ:

I tried to purchase a Camelbak military HAWG on the Reliance Sales web site today, and entered the proper discount code ("geocaching") as the Shueys' web site still advertises. The code was not accepted, so apparently there is no longer a discount for Geocachers. That's too bad, I really wanted to spend the money with a geocaching-friendly business, but without the discount, the price is higher than some of the other online retailers I've found.

I'll wait a day or so just to see if maybe there's been a mistake.

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

The discount is still available, but it is automatically deducted when you enter the web site. Our prices already reflect the 20% discount. Also some of our items actually have nearly a 25% discount

EXAMPLE: The military M.U.L.E. retails for $108.00, but we have it listed at $81.50.

You had mentioned that there are other places selling them at the same price??? The only places that I know that are competitive with the prices are actual military bases, and we are about 5% less than most of them.

What I can offer everyone now is FREE SHIPPING on top of the 20% off. This will save everyone an additional $4-$7 depending on their location.

To receive the free shipping just enter the word "geocaching" (without quotes) and the shipping will be free to all residential orders.

BUY CAMELBAKS HERE

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

OK, so essentially it's true. There's no discount for geocachers, we get the same price everyone else does.

I shopped for about five minutes just now and found the military HAWG for $99.95 at http://www.imsplus.com/ims16a.html. Your discounted price is $102.40.

That's not a huge difference, and your free shipping easily makes up for it, but it just shows that your discounted price is pretty much in line with what everyone else is selling these for, no huge savings, and no special "geocacher" deal.

ScottJ

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

quote:
That's not a huge difference, and your free shipping easily makes up for it, but it just shows that your discounted price is pretty much in line with what everyone else is selling these for, no huge savings, and no special "geocacher" deal.

ScottJ

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

I guess that after 30 minutes of preparing a CamelBak to ship, and processing the order there really isn't that much more that I can offer you when I am making only 10%.

Go buy it elsewhere if you found it cheaper! I know how much of a savings it is through my site, and there isn't but just a few place that can compete with us. If they do compete with our price please be sure to check back with them in the future. Chances are they were selling last years models to bring in the new.

EXAMPLE: We have the MANGO M.U.L.E. recreational packs on sale now for $50.00 each + Freight.(NORMALLY $80.00)

REASON: They do not make them anymore, and personally... I WANT TO GET RID OF THEM!

Also if you are able to get you hands on ANY military packs at this time... YOU BETTER GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN!

I AM OUT UNTIL MID MARCH DUE TO THE CRISIS OVERSEAS!

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

Even if the price is about the same as other sites, I'd much rather buy from Team Shuey in order to support a fellow geocacher.

So, uhhhh, Shuey.... where's my order for two Camelbaks? It's been a couple weeks. And is the free shipping retroactive? The geocacher code didn't work for me, either.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

Oops! Shuey wrote to me and directed my attention to a prior e-mail, which I had ignored, where the supply problem was explained! AND... he gave me free shipping. Just goes to prove... buy from a small business, and even better, buy from a geocacher, and the service will be first-rate.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

Unsolicited Praise:

I recently attended an Geocampout event held in Orlando Florida with my daughter. It was excellant event with many door prizes and one grand prize provided by Chris Shumaker of Team Shuey, a camelbak M.U.L.E. Long story short my daughter ended up winning the camelbak and it arrived a few days ago. It's enough to say that she was one excited teenager. Team Shuey continues to be involved and contribute to our sport and deserves our support! If you are looking for a Camelbak you can certainly find one at rock bottom pricing somewhere on the web but you'll find VERY competitive pricing at Reliance Industrial Salesfrom someone who supports our community.

My daughter and her prize!

Mark Robb

I have a new shipment that should be to us by Friday 3/07/03.

I have the following items on order:

50 ea - Military/Law M.U.L.E. 100oz. (Black)

35 ea - Military/Law M.U.L.E. 100oz. (Woodland Camo)

75 ea - Recreational M.U.L.E. 100oz. (Black/Granite)

15 ea - STEALTH 72oz. (Black)

and finally we have the Thermal Control Kits back in stock!

NOTE: CamelBak has every retail distributor on hold with ANY Desert Camo packs. We are not able to get the Desert Camo packs for another 4-6 weeks.

Buy CamelBaks

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

Visited the site a few days ago to shop for the one I will be buying...went back tonight and it doesn't appear that that particular page is working (404 error on the camelbakstore.shtml page). Specifically, the geocaching discounts listed [icon_smile.gif], but the entire page is down.

Any updates would be welcome, as I want to order very soon.

Brian

Team A.I.

quote:
Originally posted by Brian - Team A.I.:

Visited the site a few days ago to shop for the one I will be buying...went back tonight and it doesn't appear that that particular page is working (404 error on the camelbakstore.shtml page). Specifically, the geocaching discounts listed [icon_smile.gif], but the entire page is down.

Any updates would be welcome, as I want to order very soon.

Brian

Team A.I.

Brian,

You are correct! I am glad that you noticed this. I have updated the pages today, and the link from the main page is OLD! I will have it corrected in just a few moments! (15-20 minutes)

Thanks for letting me know!

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Favorite Quote: What should you do if you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

Just received our shipment Friday, and all orders have been shipped!

PLEASE NOTE: If you received an email INVOICE... Your order HAS NOT SHIPPED. The reason for the invoice is that the online storefront that we have only holds credit card information for 3 days. If you received an invoice by email then you will have to pay directly from that email before the orders will be shipped. This is a security feature that is built into the online store that we didn't know about, but due to the backorders that were happening with the CamelBaks it is a lesson learned!

We know have nearly ALL styles of the CamelBaks in stock so... ORDER, ORDER, ORDER! icon_biggrin.gif

REMEMBER: Use the code "geocaching" and you will get FREE SHIPPING on top of the 20% off the MSRP.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Favorite Quote: What should you do if you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

Camelbaks are great, I have a Sherpa for hunting, and it is almost as valuable a piece of equipment as my firearm. If you are serious about Geocaching and don't have one of these pack/water systems, I'd advise you to jump on this offer. I paid alot more for my pack. Hydrate or die!

Early to bed, early to rise,

Hunt all day and make up lies.

quote:
Originally posted by Sportcat:

Will the Meridian Platinum fit into the Camelbak Comm pack accessorie?

I have never held a Meridian...

I have a Garmin GPSMAP76, and it WILL NOT fit. A really good size that will fit in the Comm Pack is the Garmin ETREX.

It measures about 2 1/2" x 5".

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

CamelBak M.U.L.E Recreational Pack Spring Special!

Get 2 CamelBak M.U.L.E. Recreational 100oz. Hydration Packs for $100.00

Choose from 3 different colors.

Offer ends 04/04/03

CLICK HERE

NOTE: NO FREE SHIPPING WITH THIS OFFER

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:
Originally posted by Brangwyn, Holly and Cindy:

Do you ship to Canada, eh?

Bzz

We have tried before, but with all of the documents that is involved... SORRY!

We have shipped larger quantities to fire departments up there, but the shipping kills you.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:
Originally posted by OddTodd:

I was looking at those Transformers, it says you can add on to the existing frame - does it look like the pic on the site or does it come with less storage?

OddTodd

It looks just like the picture. icon_smile.gif

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:
Originally posted by blaze007:

Shuey:

I am interested in purchasing a Black Military H.A.W.G. Any idea when more will be available for order? Thanks.

~bLaZe

I wish I could give you a better answer than this, but I just got off the phone with CamelBak.

They said there is a B.O. on all BLACK, and DESERT CAMO styles for at least 7-9 weeks.

I am one of the only suppliers from what I understand with a few Desert Camo H.A.W.G.S in stock. (3 to be exact)

As soon as the BLACK styles become available I will post it here to let everyone know.

Team Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:
Originally posted by wicka:

Hi team shuey just wondering if you ship these fine packs to Ontario Canada? postal code is L8H 3Y8 if you do could you tell me the cost and pending your response you will have another order on its way!! icon_wink.gif let me know

Wicka,

Send me your complete SHIP TO address. I'm not promising anything, but we did just get new UPS software that seems to take care of all of the horrible paperwork that is involved with shipping out of the states. We haven't tried it yet so this will be a great test! icon_wink.gif

Send your address to: shuey@reliancesales.com

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

Last chance to get the CamelBaks at these prices will be 05/16/03. We figured that we would do much better than we have in the geocaching community, and CamelBak is cracking down on us for having our prices so low.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:
Last chance to get the CamelBaks at these prices will be 05/16/03. We figured that we would do much better than we have in the geocaching community, and CamelBak is cracking down on us for having our prices so low.

How do those of us who are interested in purchasing a Camelbak that is currently out of stock and are not reasonably expected to be in stock by 05/16/03 purchase them at the "discounted" price? Are we just out of luck?

Just wondering. Thanks.

Blaze,

If I am not mistaken you were interested in the black HAWG. I will still honor the same discount to geocachers. I may have to have them email me, or call me direct to get another discount code that will effect the final price. The reason why is that CamelBak doesn't want the prices posted as low as they are on the internet. We are still having problems getting any styles in black at this time, but for some reason we were able to get desert camo in the HAWGS last week.

Things are beginning to change a little since the war has calmed dowm, so maybe CamelBak will get back on track.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

Hey Teem Shuey.....

Got a fellow on another thread looking for a Military Camelbak H.A.W.G in three-color desert cammo like the one I have. Can you help him out??? He may be dropping by this thread too.

Thanks.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by Sissy-n-CR:

It doesn't really matter what the colors are, but I prefer not black just because of the heat gain in the sun.

Thanks

CR

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/72057_2000.gif

This is a little late, but in case anyone else is concerned about black heating up the contents quicker.....I have found it doesnt seem to make that much of a difference.

I had this same concern when I bought my black MULE from Chris. I wanted the desert camo, but he didnt have them on discount at the time.

Anyway, I have found that when i load my res up with cool tap water, it will stay cool for a LONG time. I leave my pack on the passenger seat of my truck, and have gone to use it three to four days after filling it, and even after sitting in the sun in a closed up truck, the water is STILL cool! icon_eek.gif

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

www.pirate4x4.com

quote:
Got a fellow on another thread looking for a Military Camelbak H.A.W.G in three-color desert cammo like the one I have. Can you help him out??? He may be dropping by this thread too.

I have 2, maybe 3 left at this time! I will be placing another order at the end of next week for some other styles as well. Right now all I have left are M.U.L.E.S, and a few H.A.W.G.s

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:

quote:

I have 2, maybe 3 left at this time! I will be placing another order at the end of next week for some other styles as well. Right now all I have left are M.U.L.E.S, and a few H.A.W.G.s

Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Buy CamelBaks

http://www.reliancesales.com

I'd be intersted in a H.A.W.G. too. I would prefer woodland camo, but if you don't have that and do have the desert, that would be fine with me. I'm not going to really be in need of hiding myself, hopefully. Drop me a line and let me know what the prices look like on 'em right now.

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

quote:
I'd be intersted in a H.A.W.G. too. I would prefer woodland camo, but if you don't have that and do have the desert, that would be fine with me. I'm not going to really be in need of hiding myself, hopefully. Drop me a line and let me know what the prices look like on 'em right now.

Mr. 0

We have the Woodland Camo H.A.W.G. icon_biggrin.gif

You can get the prices, and purchase them at Team Shuey's Company Page!

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:

We have the Woodland Camo H.A.W.G. icon_biggrin.gif

You can get the prices, and purchase them at http://www.reliancesales.com

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Buy CamelBaks

http://www.reliancesales.com

I must have been sleeping before. I looked at the page, but didn't notice the "order" button before. Anyhow it's done...will it be here tomorrow? lol I've been looking around to replace the old rec. M.U.L.E. that I had with soemthign bigger and I saw this on Camelback's page....it's exactly what I wanted, so I was happy to look at this thread again and find such cheap prices. Thanks!!! icon_cool.gif

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

Looks like I wont be getting a Camelbak from Team Shuey after all, my brother called to order one and was told ALL desert camo will be out of stock for 9 - 12 weeks. Since that is my whole summer season I'll have to look elsewhere icon_frown.gif

I noticed the Woodland camo but dont find it appealing, especially with a black hose.

Kar

TEAM SHIBBY!!!!

Krs, Kar & Na

quote:
Originally posted by Team Shibby:

Looks like I wont be getting a Camelbak from Team Shuey after all, my brother called to order one and was told ALL desert camo will be out of stock for 9 - 12 weeks. Since that is my whole summer season I'll have to look elsewhere icon_frown.gif

I noticed the Woodland camo but dont find it appealing, especially with a black hose.

Kar

http://www.teamshibby.com

Krs, Kar & Na

Sorry Team Shibby,

We are having a hard time keeping anything in stck at this time of the year, and it hurts even more when we are told that certain styles, and colors are being produced, but shipped for military needs first.

As soon as they are recieved I will let everyone know.

BTW: If an item doesn't have a "ORDER" button on our web site.... It means it is out-of-stock.

Team Shuey

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE