CamelBak (Industrial & Military)

Team Shuey

I know that the groups do not like commercial post, and if this post is considered commercial than I will understand if you remove it. Please I am a very into geocaching, and do not need a bad rap for posting this, however I would like to offer everyone great prices on CamelBak products.

I am an industrial safety supplier in florida who is trying to take on the CamelBak line for my industry, yet the initial order that I must place is nearly $5000. To get me started I wanted to offer everyone in the geocaching world a hugh discount on any of the military, of industrial styles that CamelBak has to offer. Being in the industry that I am I CANNOT get the recreational styles, but the difference is that the industrial styles are MUCH more durable.

To try to make this sound like it is not that much of a commercial post you will notice that the name of my company will never be posted in the groups.

------------------------------------------------

Here is what I have to offer only to geocachers:

1. Take a look at CamelBak.com and see what they have available in the military, or industrial styles that you may be interested in.

2. Take 20% OFF the prices that they have them listed for, and that is what you will pay.

3. NO FREIGHT on all orders as long as they are in the continental United States.

4. No sales tax as well, however I must charge sales tax to residence in Florida.

------------------------------------------------

My reason for this post is that we have just picked up the Florida Department Of Forestry, and they are ordering nearly $2500 worth, but I am not sure if we will be able to move the remaining amount in a reasonable amount of time.

If you are interested please give me a call at 888-992-SAFE(7233) Chris (SHUEY)

Again, please do not scold me for this post, and if it falls into a catagory that makes it illegal just email Jeremy, and have him remove it. I will truely understand.

It isn't like I am here to make a killing off the sales. I am just here to offer everyone a lot better deal on this product than they can get anywhere else, and it will also help me get the purchasing that I need to open the account.

We are receiving the shipment Friday, Oct. 18th. If we don't have the style you are looking for it should take about 3-5 days for us to get it in stock.

ps_72000.gif

The main style that we are going to carry is the M.U.L.E. 100 oz. (M.S.R.P. $108.00) your cost is $86.40

Thanks,

--SHUEY

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

quote:
Originally posted by ApK:

Wow..Will you also send out thousands of unsolicited commercial email messages that start with the phrase "This is not spam!"?

icon_rolleyes.gif

If for any reason this needs to be removed then so be it! I just figured that if I had a product that many of the cachers use on a regular basis, and was able to save them a lot of money then it would be worth it.

NOTE: You will not get any more post from me on the CamelBak products other than this thread.

Now, what I don't understand is that you have people out there posting GPS units forsale, but that seems to be OK? It isn't like I am coming on the groups to advertise all of the other items that we sell, I am just offering the CamelBak products that we are going to be overstocked on during our initial order.

This is much like the guy that posted a few months ago that he had a case of 36 eTrex Legends forsale that he found supposedly. He sold those for $75.00 each, and the post lasted for only 2 threads before it was closed. Obviously because he sold them very rapidly!

I'll make a deal with everyone...

I have 50 ea M.U.L.E. 100 oz. CamelBaks Black on order, and they should arrive to my warehouse this Friday. If anyone is interested I will sell them for $70.00 + $6.00 Freight. This will literally make us a profit of $5.00, and show that we at least made something on the deal for the books.

Here is a picture of what they look like:

icon_cool.gif

Send me an email using the geocaching email system so that I know that it is from you, and include your shipping information. When they arrive in to me I promise that you will get one FREE OF CHARGE. Just please don't give me such a bad rap! icon_frown.gif

-------------------------------------------------

--SHUEY icon_biggrin.gif

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

quote:
Originally posted by Fattuhr:

I have to agree with Shuey, other items besides GPS are sold in the Garage Sale. He's willing to give us a 20% discount, and even links to Camelbak with the list price on it. Shuey I hope other peopl support you. icon_biggrin.gif

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

I just feel that this is a way that we can all benefit from.

1.) I get the purchasing power that I need.

You (The geocacher) gets the best possible deal you can get on CamelBak products.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

quote:
Originally posted by Dekaner:

In fact, I think I'll be checking out the different bags tonight!

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A

Just please remember...

I can only get the Military/Law Enforcement, and Industrial Styles. CamelBak will not allow me to purchase their recreational styles. They only sell those styles to bicycle shops, and outdoor stores.

I can say that the difference is of course that the industrial is made to be a lot stronger, and durable. They are made to withstand construction jobsite.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

quote:
Originally posted by Team Shuey:

however then I get someone like you ApK who has to put his $.02 in just to give me a bad rap it makes me angry.

Yeah...swell...whatever...if you don't want $.02 thrown in, perhaps a public forum wasn't the best marketing choice?

I was commenting on how much real estate you dedicate to repeatedly claiming that these are not commercial posts.

I don't have any strong opinion on you selling these, either way, in fact I wouldn't have read the message if I wasn't curious to see what camelbacks were

being offered.

quote:

_JUST FOR ApK!_

I can tell now that I don't like you,[ . . .] _I am offering you a M.U.L.E. 100 oz. CamelBak (Brand New) FOR FREE!_

Wow...tempting.

quote:

If anyone is interested I will sell them for $70.00 + $6.00 Freight. This will literally make us a profit of $5.00, and show that we at least made something on the deal for the books.

If I keep replying, will you keep lowering the price? You just beat the price they sell for at my base exchange...if this keeps up folks are gonna get a heck of a deal.

ApK

{96 cents remaining in opinion account}

quote:
Originally posted by ApK:

quote:

however then I get someone like you ApK who has to put his $.02 in just to give me a bad rap it makes me angry.

Yeah...swell...whatever...if you don't want $.02 thrown in, perhaps a public forum wasn't the best marketing choice?

I was commenting on how much real estate you dedicate to repeatedly claiming that these are not commercial posts.

I don't have any strong opinion on you selling these, either way, in fact I wouldn't have read the message if I wasn't curious to see what camelbacks were

being offered.

quote:

_JUST FOR ApK!_

I can tell now that I don't like you,[ . . .] _I am offering you a M.U.L.E. 100 oz. CamelBak (Brand New) FOR FREE!_

Wow...tempting.

quote:

If anyone is interested I will sell them for $70.00 + $6.00 Freight. This will literally make us a profit of $5.00, and show that we at least made something on the deal for the books.

If I keep replying, will you keep lowering the price? You just beat the price they sell for at my base exchange...if this keeps up folks are gonna get a heck of a deal.

ApK

{96 cents remaining in opinion account}

Nevermind ApK.... If you didn't notice I was trying to get on your good side, and give you one for free. Nothing more needs to be said to you, or about you....

Forget I even mentioned it! Have a great day! icon_biggrin.gif

--SHUEY

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

quote:

Nevermind ApK.... If you didn't notice I was trying to get on your good side

Ohhh! OK! Sorry, I didn't realize that!

Let me try get on your good side too: I don't like you either.

ApK

{another $.02 down...$.94 remaining}

p.s. You weren't on my bad side to begin with. I just wouldn't have hired you to do any marketing for me.....

Apk

I read the post over again, and to be perfectly honest with you I think I owe you an apology.

I read the post so fast, and was worked up from the previuos post that you left that the last thing I said was fairly rude.

Let's call a truse (if that is how you spell it?) and I will get you one for free. HONESTLY!

I don't want to make my name bad in the community, and as it stands now when people ask where you got that good looking CamelBak you can say..... "From that %^$#**& Shuey!" icon_smile.gif

Seriously, email me and when they arrive I will send you one, and cover all cost.

The only reason I said to email me from the geocaching email service is so that I will know it was from you, and not from somebody else.

--SHUEY

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Now you do this. Less than 30 days ago I got a military camelbak HAWG in desert, had to hunt two months for a place to sell it to me. Wish you had been a bit quicker.

One note, the BLACK, and the darker colors are out for us desert folk. The lighter colored, the better here. JMHO.

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

Unsolicited testimonial....

A few years ago before I retired as the SF Squadron Cmdr I bought the MULE for everyone in the squadron. One of the best items I'd ever gotten the guys. It's just the right size as a day pack or also carry with a ruck. IIRC the price offerred now is about what military contract was a couple of years ago.

quote:

One note, the BLACK, and the darker colors are out for us desert folk. The lighter colored, the better here. JMHO.

Any style or color that they have listed on their site we are able to get. Camo colors will take a few extra days because we did not order any for our stock, and didn't really expect that much of a demand.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Alaska:

Is there a time limit on this offer? I am busy in school right now but will look into the styles and colors this weekend.

Thanx

-UA

This offer will only last as long as I have the initial order in stock. After that I will work something out so geocachers gets a special discount.

I have a web site with a shopping cart, but have it closed right now due to maintinance on the pages. When it is complete I will have it made so that in the checkout a geocacher can type a code, and receive a discount.

Hmmmmm! Maybe I should contact Jeremy about getting them made with the Geocaching.com Logo?

Just a thought!

icon_wink.gif

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

quote:

I have 50 ea M.U.L.E. 100 oz. CamelBaks Black on order, and they should arrive to my warehouse this Friday. If anyone is interested I will sell them for $70.00 + $6.00 Freight. This will literally make us a profit of $5.00, and show that we at least made something on the deal for the books.

UPDATE:

We have presold 33 of the M.U.L.E.s. We now have 17 left at these prices, and they will be arriving to us today, and will ship immediately.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

QUOTE:

To be happy with a man you must understand

him a lot, but love him a little!

To be happy with a woman you must love her

a lot, but try NOT to understand her at all!

Just wanted to post a note here so that everyone could see.

The CamelBaks will be in today, and I will be calling everyone who contacted me during last week. If for some reason you do not recieve a call today, please call me.

Thanks to everyone who wanted one, and just to let everyone know that we did sell them all except for 6 of them!

For anyone else that is interested in the CamelBaks you can contact me through my geocaching profile.

--SHUEY

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

QUOTE:

The CamelBaks arrived today icon_cool.gif, and the processing has begin. If you ordered one, but haven't been contacted yet, please email your shipping information, and a valid email address to camelbak@reliancesales.com

This will allow us to send you an email invoice, and they will be shipped immediately.

PLEASE NOTE: If you have already received an invoice please do not respond back. Once the payment is rendered we will contact you to let you know that it was received.

Thanks again,

--SHUEY icon_cool.gif

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

QUOTE:

About half the CamelBaks have been shipped, and the remaining will be shipped today. If you haven't received a UPS Tracking number by email yet please be patient, and I will email them to you by the end of today.

Most everyone has paid, but there are a few that remain unpaid. We cannot ship until payments are rendered.

As of 8:20 am we have only the following CamelBaks available:

2 - M.U.L.E 100oz - Black - $70.00 + 6.00 S&H

1 - MotherLode 100oz - Black - $127.96 + 6.00 S&H

REMEMBER: These are not your standard CamelBaks... These are Military/Law Enforcement Styles, which means that they are made to be a lot more durable.

--SHUEY

NOT TO ApK:

The free one that I promised you will be shipped out today as well! icon_biggrin.gif

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

QUOTE:

quote:

_NOT TO ApK:_

The free one that I promised you will be shipped out today as well! icon_biggrin.gif

NOT to ApK? Darn!

In all seriousness, to those following our little sparring match, Team Shuey has generously offered to donate that Camelback to my Naval Reserve unit where we'll offer it to one of the sailors who may soon be finding themselves in a setting where hydration is particularly important.

Thanks Chris,

ApK

quote:
Originally posted by onestep off:

Shuey do you still have the Motherload?

I am interested in it.

Thanks,

Drake

Please take everything I post with an MDOT trucks load of salt!

We have actually 7 in stock at $127.96 ea

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

CLICK HERE

QUOTE:

quote:

I placed an order with you for a Transformer, I looked over all of them and figured this would be better suited too me.

Hopefully you have them, thankyou for letting us in on this.

Thanks,

Drake

Yes, I did get the order and it will ship on Monday, Tuesday at the latest. We just put an order in for some of the larger packs, and they tell me that they will be in Friday, or Monday.

Thanks again,

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

CLICK HERE

QUOTE:

quote:

Just wondering if the Transformers came in yet?

I will check today, and let everyone know. CamelBak was scheduled to ship the B.O.'s of Transformers, and HAWGS on 11/12/02. I will check today, and see if they shipped. All orders should be shipped except those that have ordered the Transformer, HAWG, or desert camo colors in any style. If you haven't received your shipment please let me know, and I will check on it.

Thanks again,

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:

_NOT TO ApK:_

Just letting you know it arrived in tme for our drill and has already been given out, and was much appriciated!

I had to check with our JAG officers to make sure there was no ethics problem, and it all worked out fine.

Thanks,

ApK

Got my MULE today. Thanks a bunch for the great deal.

Question - What is an "Integrated MOLLE attachement system" and what would I attach to it?

Thanks

"We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the Borg."

quote:
Originally posted by GoldKey:

Got my MULE today. Thanks a bunch for the great deal.

Question - What is an "Integrated MOLLE attachement system" and what would I attach to it?

Thanks

"We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the Borg."

YOU GOT ME???

I will ask CamelBak, and find out though.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:

YOU GOT ME???

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

http://www.apollobeach.com/geocaching/main.shtml

Buy CamelBaks

http://www.reliancesales.com/camelbakstore.shtml

Any word back from Camelback? I even took the pack to the local army surplus store (they stock the same pack) and they could not tell me.

Chris

quote:

YOU GOT ME???

Any word back from Camelback? I even took the pack to the local army surplus store (they stock the same pack) and they could not tell me.

Chris

WHAT IS MOLLE?

Definition:

Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment

Explanation:

Modular Lightweight Load-Carrying Equipment ( MOLLE )

Over the last few years, the military has taken some dramatic steps to modernize the equipment issued to the grunt. Some of it has been very minor changes some have been very drastic and long over due.

Two pieces of equipment that have been a thorn in the side of a grunt and long over due for modernization are his rucksack and his load bearing equipment. The biggest problem with the rucksack was that it lacked flexibility. No matter what your mission was or how long it was supposed to last you carried the same rucksack. It was either loaded to the point were it looked like it would burst open or it was sinched down so that it felt like a waste of time to carry a ruck that large with so little in it.

Your web gear or load bearing equipment just was not very practical. I have heard that in some units everyone had to wear their LBE exactly the same, this must have been a royal pain. I was always told that the LBE was to be worn for comfort and configured in a way that was compatible with the mission. The only problem was that you were really limited to pistol belt space only. There were smaller items that could be attached to the suspenders and I have seen some wannabe's with knives attached inverted to them or first aid pouches that would either dump the contents on the ground if inverted or cause you to pop yourself in the face when opened in a hurry, but realistically you had the pistol belt. Any grunt worth his salt was carrying between 4 and 6 mag pouches, at least 2 canteens, 2 first aid pouches, a fixed blade knife and a butt pack, not to mention depending upon your actual position and unit SOP, a handgun holster, entrenching tool, etc. I am sure it is pretty easy, for those of you who were not grunts, to see that your pistol belt soon turned into a military version of Batman's utility belt. Except not as comfortable to wear.What was needed was a way to tailor your ruck and web gear to the mission at hand. Extended trips to the field or being deployed dictates that you carry more mission essential items as well as personal comfort items than if your spending the week in the field. The only way to truly tailor your gear toward the mission was to make it modular. Specialty Defense, of Dunmore,Pennsylvania designed and manufacturers the Modular Lightweight Load-Carrying Equipment (MOLLE) systems.

The MOLLE was designed to increase soldier comfort, reduce fatigue, and increase efficiency; all of which will make the soldier more lethal and less likely to become a casualty. For example, ability to transfer the rucksack load between the shoulders and hips decreases the fatigue associated with carrying the rucksack entirely on the shoulders. Those of you who have ever had to carry a 70 plus pound ruck KNOW what this means. I have to admit, that this was one of two features on the rucksack that took me a few hours to get used to. It's not that it was hard to figure out, it was hard to remember that the heavy ruck did not need to be uncomfortable. While I am on the subject, the other feature that took me a little time to get used to, and what is actually responsible for the ability to shift the weight from the shoulders to the hips, was the socket system that attaches the ruck to the load bearing vest. Specialty Defense designed a system that, while donning the ruck, allows you to slip the lower section of frame into a socket that is mounted on the belt of the vest. When you transfer the weight from your shoulders to your hips, this is where it actually takes place. Getting used to hitting the socket with the correct part of the frame was easily accomplished, but not being used to a ruck like this my initial technique was to throw the ruck up onto my shoulders and head out. Again, once I remembered why I needed to hook the frame to the socket ( and wanted to take advantage of the weight transfer ability) it became second nature in donning and doffing of the ruck. Bear in mind that if you need to move out in a hurry, you can still throw this ruck up on one shoulder and beat feet.

--SHUEY icon_biggrin.gif

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

I found similar information when doing a web search, but I could not find any information as to what specifically could be attached to the Camelback and where I would purchase said items. The local army surplus had nothing and my search of quite a few on-line stores had nothing either.

quote:
Originally posted by cache hound:

Hi Shuey, Just checking to see if you can order the reservoirs. I am looking to change out to a 100oz omega.

thanks Cache Hound

I can, however looking at their price sheet I am not sure if the tube comes attached or not. I have left a message with them today for a new order, but haven't heard from them yet. When they call I will get the low-down on price for the reservoirs as well.

Thanks,

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

quote:

Team Shuey

Any word from them yet on where to get things to attache to the MOLLE system?

Thanks

For what I understand CamelBak doesn't make any MOLLE items. They only have a GPS/Cell Phone carrying case that is available.

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

After getting dehydrated last summer. I was very interested in this offer and ordered a M.U.L.E. I couldn't be happier with what arrived on the front porch, lots of storage and places to attach things, changed my carried items to one comfortable, useable item. Thanks Shuey, for my best Christmas present.