Edit Bookmark "For List" grayed-out

Team Cauka

Sorry to be a bother but I have 2 bookmark lists, "to find" and "found" but cannot transfer a geocache from one to the other using the "for list" option as it is not available (grayed out)

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

I'm not seeing a "for list" option. Could you point it out to me?

Thanks.

B.

You (nor I or anyone else) can 'move' a bookmark from one list to another. :(

When viewing your 'source' list, open the page for the cache in question and add it to the list you now want it to be on.*

Once the listing is on the new bookmark list, delete/remove it from the old one.

*I don't know why you would want a bookmark list of caches you have found, since that information is available through other means. As time goes on your bookmark list will become full (you won't be able to add any more caches to it).

The reason I'd like to move caches from one list ("solved unfound puzzles") to another ("solved found puzzles") is that sometimes I have notes in the bookmark comments. Since I can't filter list-based PQs based on whether or not I've found the caches, I need to keep separate bookmark lists for found and unfound caches.

If I could filter list-based PQs based on whether or not I've found the caches, then I wouldn't need to move caches from one bookmark list to another. But others might.

You (nor I or anyone else) can 'move' a bookmark from one list to another. :(

*I don't know why you would want a bookmark list of caches you have found, since that information is available through other means. As time goes on your bookmark list will become full (you won't be able to add any more caches to it).

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my query.

I guess we all use options and features differently and the method you described appears quite laborious especially for multiple bookmarks/lists with many entries. I was hoping for a simple move option. Do you know what the grayed out box in the edit bookmark section is for?

I'm not seeing a "for list" option. Could you point it out to me?

Thanks.

B.

The option is in the edit bookmark section. Choose bookmark folder, select a bookmark and the option is there. If it is not to move bookmarks could someone tell me what it is for.?

I posted an image below

Bookmark for list Image

Thank You

Thanks. I hadn't noticed that.

But, yeah, it seems odd to have it there, but non-functional.

It would be nice to be able to move items from one list to another quickly and easily.

I was just thinking of doing exactly that. :(

B.

As a reviewer I regularly need to move cache listings from one bookmark list to another. Here is the method for doing so with the fewest number of page loads:

1. Open the original bookmark list.

2. Select the cache entry you want to move, and click the "edit" link.

3. Copy the contents of the bookmark narrative into your clipboard (Ctrl-C).

4. Delete the bookmark.

5. Click the link to go to the cache page.

6. Bookmark the cache to the new bookmark list.

7. Paste the contents of the bookmark narrative to the new bookmark entry (Ctrl-V).

If you use a tabbed browser you can keep the original bookmark list open in one tab and do the actions on each cache in a separate tab.

A feature request to allow movements of bookmarks from one list to another was submitted years ago. I'd love to see it.