Olympic Nation Forest Closed Trails

Criminal

The Duckabush trail is still closed due to last year's fire. They don't expect it open until the end of the summer.

They just closed the Mt Ellinore Trail due to aggressive goats.

Olympic National Forest has closed a trail near Hoodsport for two weeks because of aggressive mountain goats.

The forest says there were several encounters this week with aggressive goats on the Mount Ellinor Trail, 18 miles northwest of Hoodsport.

The trail will be monitored, but there are no plans now to kill the animals.

"Nobody has been hurt by the goats. But a number of people have felt threatened"

SNIP

Violating the closure order could bring a maximum penalty of a $5,000 fine and six months in jail.

Six months in jail and you'll miss the whole summer.

The Duckabush trail is still closed due to last year's fire. They don't expect it open until the end of the summer.

They just closed the Mt Ellinore Trail due to aggressive goats.

Olympic National Forest has closed a trail near Hoodsport for two weeks because of aggressive mountain goats.

The forest says there were several encounters this week with aggressive goats on the Mount Ellinor Trail, 18 miles northwest of Hoodsport.

The trail will be monitored, but there are no plans now to kill the animals.

"Nobody has been hurt by the goats. But a number of people have felt threatened"

SNIP

Violating the closure order could bring a maximum penalty of a $5,000 fine and six months in jail.

Six months in jail and you'll miss the whole summer.

That's quite a penalty for feeling threatened by goats.

We had a problem with a fire in a butcher shop in West New York. Some goats escaped and were running up and down Bergenline Avenue. Eventually, they were captured. The police wanted to return them to the butcher shop, but ASPCA said they should be sent to a safe haven. Maybe this is where they were sent!

We had a problem with a fire in a butcher shop in West New York. Some goats escaped and were running up and down Bergenline Avenue. Eventually, they were captured. The police wanted to return them to the butcher shop, but ASPCA said they should be sent to a safe haven. Maybe this is where they were sent!

This kind of goat?

Goat+2.JPG

Doesn't anybody carry a sidearm anymore when they go out? It is an absolute force multiplier, espescially when it comes to ballsy Mountain Goats on a roid rage.

I'm surprised that WA doesn't shut down all the forests, I've heard that Bigfoot isn't really friendly either and smells something fierce.

Doesn't anybody carry a sidearm anymore when they go out? It is an absolute force multiplier, espescially when it comes to ballsy Mountain Goats on a roid rage.

I'm surprised that WA doesn't shut down all the forests, I've heard that Bigfoot isn't really friendly either and smells something fierce.

I've heard that Bigfoot now wears a bullet proof vest.

Ironman114 sends:

Apparently, Klone Lakes is hard to find for some people.

Jim Walton, 68, and his 47-year-old son, Art, were hiking to Klone Lake for the day Tuesday. They realized they were lost. The two attempted to call for help with their partial cell service, and to report they were lost.

I wonder if the father was on the same stretch of trail we were..."the father was in a position where crews could not reach him."

Ironman114 sends:

Apparently, Klone Lakes is hard to find for some people.

Jim Walton, 68, and his 47-year-old son, Art, were hiking to Klone Lake for the day Tuesday. They realized they were lost. The two attempted to call for help with their partial cell service, and to report they were lost.

I wonder if the father was on the same stretch of trail we were..."the father was in a position where crews could not reach him."

I got the impression from the article that they didn't use the trail, but went in cross-country from some other point. It would be pretty hard to get lost using the trail. Falling off the trail is another story altogether. :o:ph34r:

seems strange you'd do a "needs archived" on it as you seem to be the part owner of the cache....think you'd just archive it, but ah well, am sure you have your reasons. Nice pictures of the contents, always interesting to see what survives a fire and what does not. In theory you could still replace it, but perhaps its not the same anymore to you.

seems strange you'd do a "needs archived" on it as you seem to be the part owner of the cache....think you'd just archive it, but ah well, am sure you have your reasons. Nice pictures of the contents, always interesting to see what survives a fire and what does not. In theory you could still replace it, but perhaps its not the same anymore to you.

Strange? I'm the original owner, not the current owner. The archive request is all I can do.

There is a sign posted at the trailhead that specifically prohibits geocaches- even has the geocache symbol with a red slash through it. It is very doubtful they would grant permission given their request that hikers stay on the trail. I'm surprised you weren't able to read that in the log.

b7ea9087-0c7f-4934-8341-a144cb477a99.png?rnd=0.7770436