Need Help W/ Creating Earthcache

Kennon136

Hi All,

I am trying to create an Earthcache for a beach area. I have been searching the internet for a certain scientific name for when it is low tide, a sand bar is formed, and waves coming from the opposite sides of the sand bar combine and hit each other. I am trying to create a question based around this action that occurs, but so far the only information I have found is about breaking waves (spilling, plunging, and surging). Does anyone know what this phenomenon is called? Or an idea of a question I could ask around it?

Any ideas would be appreciated and helpful,

Thank you!

Hi All,

I am trying to create an Earthcache for a beach area. I have been searching the internet for a certain scientific name for when it is low tide, a sand bar is formed, and waves coming from the opposite sides of the sand bar combine and hit each other. I am trying to create a question based around this action that occurs, but so far the only information I have found is about breaking waves (spilling, plunging, and surging). Does anyone know what this phenomenon is called? Or an idea of a question I could ask around it?

Any ideas would be appreciated and helpful,

Thank you!

I think you're looking for the term 'Interference'.

A suggestion for a question: linking this interference of the waves to the specific ripples in the sand it creates (if any).

Cheers,

Mr. Terratin