Why aren't all Attributes available for all cache types?

Delta68

Seems daft really

If a Trad can have 'Field Puzzle' why can't a Wherigo?

Yes, yes, I know I can start the cache page as a Trad, set the attributes and then change the type to Wherigo but that's not the point... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mark

Seems daft really

If a Trad can have 'Field Puzzle' why can't a Wherigo?

Yes, yes, I know I can start the cache page as a Trad, set the attributes and then change the type to Wherigo but that's not the point... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mark

I don't own a Wherigo, so I can't say which attributes aren't available on those, but I just compared Earthcache to Traditional. The only attributes the Earthcache doesn't have available are "Field Puzzle" and "Wireless Beacon". In the context of an Earthcache, there shouldn't be a need for those attributes, so that's fine. You're right, though, that "Field Puzzle" should be available for Wherigos.

Good point. I just did some quick PQ previews, and there are 10 PMO ECs in Canada, and 126 in the US. What reason might someone have for doing this? Audit log?

This has very quickly gone off topic but since you're asking, we have three EarthCaches and they are PMO.

When we first changed all our physical caches to PMO we left the EarthCaches but then got a stupid TFTC log from a non-premium member. Deleted the log and set them all PMO

(Before you ask, the person didn't answer any of the questions)

Mark

All Wherigo caches are field puzzles of a sort by nature, so an attribute would be redundant. The games must be played in the field to find the final location of the cache.

OK, I see what you mean.

However, most Wherigos are 'go there, now go there, now go there' sort of thing until the final location is reached. Admittedly it has to be done 'in the field', but not exactly puzzling

I'm currently developing a Wherigo which requires far more thinking in order to get to the final location. Hence the desire to put a Field Puzzle attribute in order to distinguish it from the more common type...

Mark

Edited by Delta68