Background Image

JMC55

When I place a background image on my cache page it's tiled instead of just a single image. Is there a way to change this?

Anything you put in there - will be tiled. A larger image will still be tiled, just not as many of them.

I would tend to think a very very large picture will be HUGE (size,space) and might take a long time for it to load on computers. Or...trying to enlarge a smaller photo will only look pixelated & choppy. Never tried it on here... I've always used smaller picts that match when tiled.

Edited by Lieblweb

Does the background image need to be remotely hosted? I've uploaded several (non inline) pics to my cache pages before straight from my computer. But I've not yet used a background image, so I've no idea if I can use the same method or if I need to open an account at flickr or some such.

tnx

tv

Edited by Tom Veil
Does the background image need to be remotely hosted? I've uploaded several (non inline) pics to my cache pages before straight from my computer. But I've not yet used a background image, so I've no idea if I can use the same method or if I need to open an account at flickr or some such.

You can upload the image to the cache page, copy the address, and then paste it in the Background Image Address field.

You can upload the image to the cache page, copy the address, and then paste it in the Background Image Address field.

Hmm... I may have to end up doing it the way you've described. However, I did set up an account on flickr and uploaded it to there. I then copied the url into the proper box on the cache submission form and sent it on it's way. Or so I thought. There is still no background image visible. Yet when I right-click and select 'view background image', it loads the flickr page containing the image. The only thing I can think of is that it won't be visible until the cache is actually published (I'm still building the page), but at the same time, I don't see why that would make a difference.