Travel Bug trapped in Wiltshire

Hi Everyone,

About two months ago in my early days of geocaching I placed a Travel Bug Dog Tag in a cache in Wiltshire called a Place to Retire (GCHC8Q). This is a rather special TB as it started out in the USA and has been going over 4 years, clocking up 27,000 miles to date. Being inexperienced at the game it was only later that I realised that this cache was not visited very often and so the TB is still languishing in its admittedly very pleasant woodland cache. It is too far away for me to go and rescue it so I'm wondering if there is some kind geocacher out there who is in the vicinity and can set the TB free to carry on its journey. Thank you.

Hi Everyone,

About two months ago in my early days of geocaching I placed a Travel Bug Dog Tag in a cache in Wiltshire called a Place to Retire (GCHC8Q). This is a rather special TB as it started out in the USA and has been going over 4 years, clocking up 27,000 miles to date. Being inexperienced at the game it was only later that I realised that this cache was not visited very often and so the TB is still languishing in its admittedly very pleasant woodland cache. It is too far away for me to go and rescue it so I'm wondering if there is some kind geocacher out there who is in the vicinity and can set the TB free to carry on its journey. Thank you.

You could try putting it on TB Rescue. This will notify people in the area who have agreed to rescue TB's

Hi,

Thank you to the posters who replied to my request. The stranded Travel Bug has been rescued although it was not where I left it. I'm just pleased to know that it is on the move again to continue its wanderings.

Edited by newsboy 5331