step by step on how to hide a geo

clarksandacat

Hello everyone ! Me and hubby have been geo-ing for a year now and have found over 200 geos ! We now want to place our own .

I have searched around , but have yet to find specific steps on how to do this. All i ever see is find your spot get your waypoints and so forth.

I have a Magellan explorist gc. I do not have the instructions that came with the device.

So if anyone knows of a link to direct me too, or can just tell me how on here would be great !

Hello everyone ! Me and hubby have been geo-ing for a year now and have found over 200 geos ! We now want to place our own .

I have searched around , but have yet to find specific steps on how to do this. All i ever see is find your spot get your waypoints and so forth.

I have a Magellan explorist gc. I do not have the instructions that came with the device.

So if anyone knows of a link to direct me too, or can just tell me how on here would be great !

Hiding Your First Geocache

BTW, just as a side note, the terms "geocaching" and "geocache" are usually shortened to "caching" and "cache", respectively. You're not doing anything wrong by calling them "geos" (you can call them whatever you want), but you might get some funny looks from other cachers.

BTW, just as a side note, the terms "geocaching" and "geocache" are usually shortened to "caching" and "cache", respectively. You're not doing anything wrong by calling them "geos" (you can call them whatever you want), but you might get some funny looks from other cachers.

Might be a local term. There was one guy here a while back who said that a commonly used term for a Geocache in his area was a "jeek".

You might want to read through the Help Center articles:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=1

You will need to read the Guidelines:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=11

The owner's manual for the Magellan Explorist GC is free to download from here:

http://support.magellangps.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=125&nav=0,18,24,62

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

For the Explorist GC you select the geocaches button. Hit the menu button and there will be an option of create new/new geocache/add geocache or something to that effect. Go to where you want to place the cache and when it asks you what location select current location. It will take 10-45 seconds to average the co-ords. When it says accuracy 0(M) select the save icon at the bottom. Then all you have to do is place the cache and publish it on the website.