Let's create the lamest cache ever!

Dunno. Think BrianSnat beat you to this idea by four years. No Redeeming Value: NJ's Worst Cache

Park at the strip mall, walk through the construction debris, trough mud and poison ivy and sticker bushes. To find a Scottish Oats container in a rock pile, with a minimal, torn log sheet, and the TB was missing!

You're going to have to work hard to beat that one!

Sad thing is that a number of logs stated that they had found worse.

What's worse than a cache with "No Redeeming Value"? How about a power trail of caches with "No Redeeming Value"?

:ph34r:

Edited by SwineFlew

Here's a good example in our area:

Hide it and they will come

It's kind of a sarcastic spin on bad geocaches. This one is hidden behind the local Walmart which had also bordered with a "gentleman's club" which help it meet the "family-friendly" criteria.

I find that reading both the description and the logs on this one is also quite fun.

Edited by medoug

I second the suggestion of a multi or, better yet, a puzzle with multiple stages.

Make errors in the solution. A few spelling errors in something that has to be decrypted make a fun challenge! Or mathematical errors that produce incorrect coordinates.

Make the log sheet a spitball that is nearly impossible to fish out and unfold.

If possible, place near "No Loitering" signs or in view of security cameras.

Use "Stealth Required" attribute.

funny, I found alot of caches, and quite alot of them actually fit very well

on this threads definition of the lamest cache ever,

I think: hum.. who do so many people clearly make a VERY lame cache ?

are they just plain dumb ?

BTW: All my own caches are offcourse PEFFECT

made of pure gold, and newer muggled.

I second the suggestion of a multi or, better yet, a puzzle with multiple stages.

Make errors in the solution. A few spelling errors in something that has to be decrypted make a fun challenge! Or mathematical errors that produce incorrect coordinates.

Make the log sheet a spitball that is nearly impossible to fish out and unfold.

If possible, place near "No Loitering" signs or in view of security cameras.

Use "Stealth Required" attribute.

Going that rout you just have to make the final coords the start coords. :laughing:

When you are selecting the lamppost, find the one with a damaged skirt, or modify the skirt to allow rain to get to the cache. Alternately, go out every few days and put a few drops of water in the container, ensuring that the log gets good and damp. When people complain that the log is just mush, post a note to the cache page chastising them for whining.

I found one made from one of those flimsy water bottles from the grocery store. You know, the REALLY thin plastic bottles. It had been cut in half and then kind of stuffed back together. It was at the bottom of the bank of a seasonal overflow creek that gets a LOT of water in the winter. It was maybe 4 feet from the water in mid summer and maybe 1 foot above the water line. It would be a good 4-5 feet under the water when its been raining for a week or so. It totally didn't seal at all and there was no type of baggie inside. It had bugs in it including a small slug.

No lamp post but definitely qualifies as a lame cache.

Aren't there enough bad caches? This thread should not be allowed to continue.

I'm pretty sure that this thread is about describing all the attributes of the lamest cache ever and not a suggestion for anyone to place another lame cache. This thread should continue as it's becoming a pretty good summary of what makes a lame cache. I suspect that most of the readers of the thread know it's not an endorsement for placing lame caches and most cachers (with the exception of Briansnat :ph34r:) don't want to place a cache with No Redeemable Value.

I am well aware of what the thread is about. If most people know it's not an endorsement then why confuse the remaining small percentage of clueless noobs?

Besides, my post was sarcasm. That was literally all I had to add to the thread.

What's that thing -- I can't remember the name or I have blocked it -- where a CO puts some icon or link on the listing basically indicating that they want other people to maintain their cache for them?

Would addition of that make a cache more or less lame? More, for obvious reasons of the concept itself being lame? Or less, because the cache might get more maintenance than it should, decreasing the lameness?

>No lamp post but definitely qualifies as a lame cache.

but did your found it log, clearly reveal your truely feelings about his cache ?

or did you just log it : TFTC

so you let him think, it was ok to make such horrible bad cache.

If people where a bit more honost in their logs, maybe it will help too ?

who wants a log : clearly a bad cache, no thanks at all, for all the nasty bugs and slugs.