Changes in cache size?

cerberus1

Just noticed that our hides (30 cal ammo cans) that were listed as regular are now viewed as "medium".

Geocaching 101 still lists the hides as :

Micro - Less than 100ml. Examples: a 35 mm film canister or a tiny storage box typically containing only a logbook or a logsheet. A nano cache is a common sub-type of a micro cache that is less than 10ml and can only hold a small logsheet.

Small - 100ml or larger, but less than 1L. Example: A sandwich-sized plastic container or similar.

Regular - 1L or larger, but less than 20L. Examples: a plastic container or ammo can about the size of a shoebox.

Large - 20L or larger. Example: A large bucket.

Other - See the cache description for information.

Bug? No mention of "medium" on Geocaching 101.

The change to "medium" will be reverted. It sneaked in accidentally when we made some localization changes in the last release (and into the new cache submission wizard before that). We had planned to switch to that terminology, but it was supposed to wait for a change to the GPX schema. That change has been deprioritized and so we will go back to using "regular" everywhere.

The change to "medium" will be reverted. It sneaked in accidentally when we made some localization changes in the last release (and into the new cache submission wizard before that). We had planned to switch to that terminology, but it was supposed to wait for a change to the GPX schema. That change has been deprioritized and so we will go back to using "regular" everywhere.

I am a member of the pre SMALL Generation, and experienced the push to make that happen. I see the NANO push, where hiders refuse to list their NANO as a MICRO, and instead list as OTHER. Those NANO zealots seem to have won their day in Geo-court, but that implementation is also part of the deprioritization.

What is the overall game plan for this MEDIUM push. Does that mean the new REGULAR is going to be a 55 gallon drum? I'm going to stat planning now to hide a new MEDIUM cache. Look for both the GPX schema implementation and my cache to be rolled out just in time for the 20th Anniversary.