Creating Pocket Query's

whitefox49

As the caches come up in distance from your home, why not just put in a radius of, say, 40 miles from home, and just skip the first couple of pages of caches and then select the ones which are far enough away?

Or pick a point in the direction you are headed which is, say 40 miles away and use an address/zip code/postal code or whatever to give caches in say a 20 mile radius of this place. You could do several - north, south, east, west, whatever.

Sorry if I have misunderstood your question.

Seperate PQ's to search around the area 20 miles away, that you want.

But.

If you want caches 20 miles away -around your location- the only way is third party software like GSAK, which will filter caches by distance, including "more than xx miles" or "between XX and XX miles" from your location.

You still need to run PQ's to get the caches in the area covered.

Groundspeak don't have the 'more than' option. (Shame, I'm sure a lot of us would use it!)

If you want to cover a larger area with your PQ's, try selecting "Placed Date" range...

As the caches come up in distance from your home, why not just put in a radius of, say, 40 miles from home, and just skip the first couple of pages of caches and then select the ones which are far enough away?

Or pick a point in the direction you are headed which is, say 40 miles away and use an address/zip code/postal code or whatever to give caches in say a 20 mile radius of this place. You could do several - north, south, east, west, whatever.

Sorry if I have misunderstood your question.

Seperate PQ's to search around the area 20 miles away, that you want.

But.

If you want caches 20 miles away -around your location- the only way is third party software like GSAK, which will filter caches by distance, including "more than xx miles" or "between XX and XX miles" from your location.

You still need to run PQ's to get the caches in the area covered.

Groundspeak don't have the 'more than' option. (Shame, I'm sure a lot of us would use it!)

If you want to cover a larger area with your PQ's, try selecting "Placed Date" range...

Another possibility might be to use the caches-along-a-route feature. If you create a route that forms a 30-mile radius, and list caches within 10 miles of that route, then you'll get caches within 40 miles, except for those within 20 miles.