Downloading multiple waypoints problem

Morasder

Hey all, new geocacher here!

Got my etrex 20 this week and today we went for a first serious try and already logged 3 caches! I'm having a problem though with uploading multiple waypoints from the site.

When I select multiple caches in my search list (or press Check All)and I press Download, nothing happens. The screen refreshes but now the list of caches is missing (the rest is the same, including how many waypoints it has found, numbers to select a page, etc).

I'm a premium member, have accepted the Groundspeak license agreement, so I'm not sure why nothing is happening. I've tried using another web browser, turning off AdBlock, logging in out, restarting the computer/browser, etc, but nothing helps.

Sorry if this problem has already been adressed, but I've been stalking the forums for a while and all FAQS and threads I find are just on how you get your downloads on your gps (already got EasyGPS for this) and not what to do if you don't actually get any download.

And I'm aware of PQs, but I'm more talking about downloading 10-20 waypoints at a time, for example when I want to get some waypoints for a little trip, and the PQs seems like a cumbersome and inefficient way to do this (unless I understood PQs wrong).

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Hey all, new geocacher here!

Got my etrex 20 this week and today we went for a first serious try and already logged 3 caches! I'm having a problem though with uploading multiple waypoints from the site.

When I select multiple caches in my search list (or press Check All)and I press Download, nothing happens. The screen refreshes but now the list of caches is missing (the rest is the same, including how many waypoints it has found, numbers to select a page, etc).

I'm a premium member, have accepted the Groundspeak license agreement, so I'm not sure why nothing is happening. I've tried using another web browser, turning off AdBlock, logging in out, restarting the computer/browser, etc, but nothing helps.

Sorry if this problem has already been adressed, but I've been stalking the forums for a while and all FAQS and threads I find are just on how you get your downloads on your gps (already got EasyGPS for this) and not what to do if you don't actually get any download.

And I'm aware of PQs, but I'm more talking about downloading 10-20 waypoints at a time, for example when I want to get some waypoints for a little trip, and the PQs seems like a cumbersome and inefficient way to do this (unless I understood PQs wrong).

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

That's exactly what has been happening to me today. I imagine there must be a problem with the system as I have not had this problem before. I've got very cross with the computer and switched it on and off, etc, etc. It's normally a "piece of cake".

Yeah I was surprised too, reading all the posts this part sounded like nothing more than pressing a button :P

And about the PQs.. don't you get those only once a week and you have to fill in all kinds of options? Because for example: I'm going to a little town to visit a museum next week and was hoping to catch some caches in the neighbourhood, so I just wanted to upload 10 waypoints. Are PQs really the solution to this?

I just added the waypoints one by one now, but I was just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this problem. Because it does make uploading a lot easier! :) Thanks for the fast responses already

Edited by Morasder

The Garmin plug in has been causing some problems recently...

You may find it easier to download the GPX file to your computer, then copy it to your GPS.

Easier if you only want 6 or seven specific caches.

Me? I prefer to know what else is in the area, so download from a PQ and edit in GSAK.

PQ's can be set to small areas.

View via the Groundspeak map. Move the map to cover the caches you want, then select the option to generate a PQ.

And about the PQs.. don't you get those only once a week and you have to fill in all kinds of options?

You can run 5 PQs per day, and each PQ can only be run once in a 24 hour period. There are a lot of options you can use, but you don't have to use all the filtering options if you don't want to. Set where you want the Query to start from and what day to run and you're set.

I have been having the same problem as the original poster. I created pq's but I can't download them onto my gps. I hit the download button and the page refreshes but nothing else happens. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Are downloading the PQ file, or trying to download from the resulting search page? (Which will only produce loc files, with minimal information about the cache!)

I have the same problem trying to download waypoints on to my computer. I am a premium member and it worked before the previous time I tried about two weeks ago.

I had my daughter create a new account and try to download multiple waypoints and it worked for her on the same browser and same computer.

It appears to be a glitch which I would like the Geocaching.com IT wizards to fix asap as I (and I am sure many others) like the fine tuning that can be done with the search filters.