please help - i am making an unknown cache...

mountain god

Hi all

I have made a great, fun, UNKNOWN cache in scotland and i have left a random code at the first co-ordinates which can be used to get the co-ordinates of the final point.

The problem i have is this: i was intending to have the finders email me the code and i would send the co-ordinates if they struggled with the other method of finding the final point. however, on reflection, i think an automatic way of doing it would be better. so what i need is a website that allows me to hide a couple of lines of text and choose a password (the code at the first point) that anyone can enter to see the info. The info in this case would simply be the final co-ordinates.

Does anyone know a suitable site or app?

Thanks in advance

Ross

I think a QR code will work.

I agree - there is a small problem with using a QR code. where the random code is written is on a handmade, hand drawn pirate treasure map, and the map is drawn on an old piece of driftwood. I suppose i could print a QR code and then hand draw it - not sure if it would work. i can try. any other ideas in case this doesnt work?

Thanks

R

I think a QR code will work.

I agree - there is a small problem with using a QR code. where the random code is written is on a handmade, hand drawn pirate treasure map, and the map is drawn on an old piece of driftwood. I suppose i could print a QR code and then hand draw it - not sure if it would work. i can try. any other ideas in case this doesnt work?

Thanks

R

Still not completely sure about the logistics of your project. I tested a QR code by rubbing some grey stain on it (to blend w/ driftwood). The scan worked fine. If the CR code is the way to go, I would affix a stained code to the driftwood w/ some really good glue.