Wanted Garmin eTrex with PC Cable

Hello, I'm looking for a used Garmin etrex personal GPS (The little yellow one) with a PC cable for my daughter. I've just started looking on ebay and am not yet sure what they go for. But it seems the PC cable is the biggest must have accessory. I'm open to a better Garmin model with PC cable, (still in production) but my budget is probably going to limit me to the basic eTrex.

P.S. It's a bribe for good grades.

If my memory serves me correctly, the yellow eTrex is not sold with a cable because there is no downloadable memory in this unit and no reason to have the cable.

You may be thinking of a power cable but, infortunately, you cannot download to this unit nor can you upload.

Rich

P.S. If I am wrong, a more knowledgable poster will soon correct me.

quote:
Originally posted by rgerman95:

If my memory serves me correctly, the yellow eTrex is not sold with a cable because there is no downloadable memory in this unit and no reason to have the cable.

You may be thinking of a power cable but, infortunately, you cannot download to this unit nor can you upload.

Rich

P.S. If I am wrong, a more knowledgable poster will soon correct me.

Yes sir, it can upload and download waypoints, routes and tracks.

348_1002.gif

I am thinking about upgrading my GPS to a MAP76. I currently have a Garmin Etrex summitt. I also have the cable for it. If you are interested, I might be willing to sell it for $165 (this includes the cable). Retail, they go for $225 + $20 for cable: $245. let me know. If you are interested, It will kick me in the butt and get the ball rolling on my upgrade.

Great gift idea! You'll be seeing straight A's for a while

Tom

quote:
Originally posted by cozmo469:

I am thinking about upgrading my GPS to a MAP76. I currently have a Garmin Etrex summitt. I also have the cable for it. If you are interested, I might be willing to sell it for $165 (this includes the cable). Retail, they go for $225 + $20 for cable: $245. let me know. If you are interested, It will kick me in the butt and get the ball rolling on my upgrade.

Great gift idea! You'll be seeing straight A's for a while

Tom

That's probably a good price, and I even like the summit, but it's beyond my budget at this point. Heck I'd rather have the summit but GPS's hold their value better than cars right now.