UN-ARCHIVE a cache

rrules

I, too, need to re-activate a cache that (although we did keep the 'reviewer' informed) was archived. The reason, there was major highway construction in the area....now it is done, cache is there, in good shape, and nearly 10 years old. No, I do not want to 'make a new cache'.. I want to re-activate an 'ol worthy'.

I contacted the archiver and they said to contact a 'local reviewer' ... how do I find a 'local reviewer' to help me?

I, too, need to re-activate a cache that (although we did keep the 'reviewer' informed) was archived. The reason, there was major highway construction in the area....now it is done, cache is there, in good shape, and nearly 10 years old. No, I do not want to 'make a new cache'.. I want to re-activate an 'ol worthy'.

I contacted the archiver and they said to contact a 'local reviewer' ... how do I find a 'local reviewer' to help me?

I think by "the archiver" you mean the person that posted a "Needs Archived" log on the cache page? Anyway The reviewer you need to contact would be the one who published you cache. If you click HERE You will go to the reviewers page. Click on the email address and tell them what you told us. Be sure to give the reviewer the GC number found at the top right side of the cache page/

I think by "the archiver" you mean the person that posted a "Needs Archived" log on the cache page?

It could also have been the reviewer who originally served that area and archived the cache but now serves a different area. Either way, I'd stop putting everything in quotes as annoying the reviewer by putting his job title in scare quotes will only make him tell you to create a new cache.

I have a winter cache that was not winter-friendly. I deactivated it for the winter and forgot to reactivate come spring and they Archived it. How would I turn it on again?

You need to get in contact with cacheblex:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=4491d1cb-23a3-411c-8436-b9df8b40a7b7

The Help Center regarding "disabling" and "archiving" caches:

6.12. Temporarily Disable and Enable

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=235

6.13. Permanent Removal: Archiving a Cache

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=56

Note the very important information:

A cache owner can archive their own listing. A cache owner cannot unarchive it.

6.14. Unarchiving a Cache

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=70

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Oops.

It has always amazed me why a lot of posters here always quote every post that has been made above theirs. Do they think the rest of us can't read? That is VERY annoying.

You're right, that is annoying...

Some people play a little game that I like to call "post and switch", a variation of the old bait-and-switch scam.

They post something in the forums, then later go back and edit their post. Some edit a little bit, others like to completely change their original post.

I have been burned by this type of bad forum behaviour here on these forums in the past. So I now try to make it a habit of quoting the original post that I'm answering.

If it's annoying to some people, that's their problem, not mine.

In a long, drawn-out thread, it's only polite to quote the post that you are replying to, for the sake of clarity. I wish more people would get in the habit of using the quotation function.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

It has always amazed me why a lot of posters here always quote every post that has been made above theirs. Do they think the rest of us can't read? That is VERY annoying.

You're right, that is annoying...

...snip...

In a long, drawn-out thread, it's only polite to quote the post that you are replying to, for the sake of clarity. I wish more people would get in the habit of using the quotation function.

B.

I agree

I find it annoying when someone posts a pithy reply such as "I agree" without quoting on what they are commenting on and it ends up two or three posts down because other posters have got in before them. You then end up not knowing what the heck they are talking about.

It is also not that hard to edit quotes down so long as you acknowledge it with a ..snip.. and don't selectively edit to change the poster's meaning.

Your cache was disabled in the summer of 2009, and archived in the spring of 2010. At this point you most likely will not be able to unarchive it, it has been archived for two years and may need to be resisted. You can ask your local reviewer, (look at who is publishing caches in that area).