I have a Garmin Etrex 30

OELLER

How do I download all the caches for my area into the GPS? This thing didn't come with very well instructions. Basically how to turn it on and that's it.

You put batteries in it, and press the on off button on the right side to turn it on.

To load caches you drag and drop a .gpx file into the \Garmin\GPX folder. done.

How do I download all the caches for my area into the GPS? This thing didn't come with very well instructions. Basically how to turn it on and that's it.

You put batteries in it, and press the on off button on the right side to turn it on.

To load caches you drag and drop a .gpx file into the \Garmin\GPX folder. done.

Can I make a gpx file with about 1000 caches in it?

You can download the full pdf etrex 10, 20 & 30 user manual from garmin.com. It's more than you get with the unit but you may still find the need to try different things and see what happens. I assume you know how to do PQs. Personally, I would load the gpx files on a microSD card and not the internal memory.

You can download the full pdf etrex 10, 20 & 30 user manual from garmin.com. It's more than you get with the unit but you may still find the need to try different things and see what happens. I assume you know how to do PQs. Personally, I would load the gpx files on a microSD card and not the internal memory.

Yeh I bought a 16 gig card for it. So I want to load up all the caches in this area. I kinda know how to do the PQ but last night when I was trying it wasn't working correctly.

Yep it's doing it again. I select all, click download and it does nothing.. I have figured out how to load them individually, just not as a batch

And to add I can't get the PQ to generate any caches. Keeps coming up with zero results.

Edited by OELLER

Yep it's doing it again. I select all, click download and it does nothing.. I have figured out how to load them individually, just not as a batch

And to add I can't get the PQ to generate any caches. Keeps coming up with zero results.

Ok I got it somewhat figured out and loaded a bunch of caches to my gps. Now I purchased the map pack for my area, but the display is nothing like they show on the box. Anyone know how to get the topographic map to display in detail like they advertise on the box?

Yes, "Field Notes" is the best way to upload your caches. I also put a lot more than 5000 caches on my Garmin 450, I probably have 7000 to 8000 on there right now. I never know what direction work will send me so I have caches in just about any direction. I was thinking that you could put a max of 20 .gpx files on the Garmin units with up to 1000 in each file???? Maybe not.

Yes, "Field Notes" is the best way to upload your caches. I also put a lot more than 5000 caches on my Garmin 450, I probably have 7000 to 8000 on there right now. I never know what direction work will send me so I have caches in just about any direction. I was thinking that you could put a max of 20 .gpx files on the Garmin units with up to 1000 in each file???? Maybe not.

Just to let you know, the Oregon 450 has a limit of 5000 caches. If you load more than that, it will omit some caches and there's no way to predict which ones it will omit.