Benchmark DH2492

bearbrew

The other day I was doing research on benchmarks in the vicinity of Ft Morgan located on the tip of Mobile Point. This area is directly south of Mobile Alabama. One of the benchmarks show to be at Ft Morgan is DH2492, Wornock 1878, that is listed as a chiseled cross. This got me interested so I opened the file. When I opened the file I noticed the location was listed as Blount Co, AL. Needless to say, Blount County is located in north central Alabama and Ft Morgan is in Baldwin County.

Then I did a search in Blount County, Alabama and came up with DH2765, Wornock Reset, with no mention of Wornock 1878. The Wornock Reset datasheet does not mention the four other reference marks and azimuth mark but is listed as a triangulation station. Without the information from DH2492, Wormock 1878, the other Wornock markers would not be locatable.

My question is how do I go about submitting paperwork to straighten this out or is it worth bothering with? Only survey crews have recovered these markers.

Thank you,

Bear

It is already corrected, the Geocaching.com database is about 12 years out of date. (So not only is it missing corrections like this, there are newer benchmarks that aren't on the website. Some of those have been added to Waymarking.com though.)

Here's the current datasheet:

http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/ds_mark.prl?PidBox=DH2492

I get my datasheets directly from the NGS site and process them through NGS->GPX. That makes Pocket Query style gpx files I can load into GSAK and onto my phone.

http://ngs.tsqmadness.com/help/index.html