geocache series

Wizwheeler

HI,

Is there any way i can view a whole series of caches rather than looking for each one on the search option within the website?

Cheers

If you view the cache page of one of the members of the series, you can look on the right side to see if anyone has made a bookmark list of the series. Other than that, no.

HI,

Is there any way i can view a whole series of caches rather than looking for each one on the search option within the website?

Cheers

If you view the cache page of one of the members of the series, you can look on the right side to see if anyone has made a bookmark list of the series. Other than that, no.

If there is something common about the name of the caches in the series, you can search on just that part of the name. For example, a new series was posted near here and each cache name has "SRPS" in the name so in searching just that string, I get all hits for the series.

Just guessing if you might mean to see the list all at once... I have done it under Other Search Options and then typed under the name to search for the part of the series name that is the same (although that may even pick up names with the same thing).

You click on the drop down - Play and then click on Hide & Seek a Cache -- scroll to the bottom and on the left under the grey area where it says Other Search Options and in the by Cache Name type in the series name. It will pull up anything that contains the words you typed in so hopefully the series has at least a partial name that is not common.

As an example if it there is a series Fairy Godmother Series: XXXXXX (with the part after the colon only being different) then I would type in "Fairy Godmother Series:" (and if there is a series by this name it is purely by dumb luck). You can always cut out things -- for instance let's say the owner forgot to put the colon in a couple when they made the series, those won't come up if you put that in and you won't know it. You may do it differently to make sure and you can check at the top of the page it shows how many total records were found on your search criteria.

I figured this out by trying to find all of a series here in Houston and typed in AHHHCHOO --- fortunately those letters are uncommon that it produced the list I wanted but when I first tried it, first try I used 1 too many H's and it came up that it couldn't find anything.

I hope this is what you were looking for and helps.

HI,

Cheers

If there is something common about the name of the caches in the series, you can search on just that part of the name. For example, a new series was posted near here and each cache name has "SRPS" in the name so in searching just that string, I get all hits for the series.

Gosh you said it so many less words than I did B)

Now my goal is to get this list to come up in a map all by itself. When I click in the check box that I think should select all and then click on Map this Location which is above the search results, it always gives me everything in the area and not just these locations.

Any help here?

Now my goal is to get this list to come up in a map all by itself. When I click in the check box that I think should select all and then click on Map this Location which is above the search results, it always gives me everything in the area and not just these locations.

Any help here?

That's a good question and I don't see a way to do that from the search on geocaching.com. Seems like you should be able to check the caches you want and then map those caches, but as you noted, it just shows you all caches in the area searched.

What I end up doing, because I cache with my iPhone, is running an advanced search on the string in the geocaching app and then the app allows me to map those search results. (Why that isn't available from the website, I don't know--maybe that should be suggested as an improvement in the other forum.)

geocaching-search-map.png

Any help here?

You need a bookmark list, either yours or someone elses. Go to one of the cache pages and see if someone has taken the time to make a bookmark list. Unless it's a brand new series, there will almost always be a list. Open the list and at the bottom is "Create Pocket Query", click on that and it will make a PQ for you. You can view the PQ on the map by itself.