New york

jamin8

Why not post in the appropriate sub board?

Because that forum gets about 1 post a month? :ph34r:

I believe (I could be wrong) that the two most favorited caches in my State would Be "The Empire Strikes back" which is the Empire State building observation deck virtual, and GC39 The Spot, at the South End of Canandaigua Lake, which is the 5th oldest active cache in the world. It would be the 4th, but Mingo refused to go away. :laughing:

Ok, good enough. But if the OP is planning some kind of cross country trip, why not consolidate the states into one thread?

I even saw a couple of pertinent threads in the West and Southwest board and one for California in the other one.

I believe (I could be wrong) that the two most favorited caches in my State would Be "The Empire Strikes back" which is the Empire State building observation deck virtual, and GC39 The Spot, at the South End of Canandaigua Lake, which is the 5th oldest active cache in the world. It would be the 4th, but Mingo refused to go away. :laughing:

I've never seen that stop a moderator from moving a thread.

I've done both of them. The Empire Strikes Back is certainly one of the most favorited but "Five Star New York" and the "Bridges of Central Park" caches in NYC are better "caches". The Spot is a nice cache even if it wasn't the 5th oldest in the world. Many of the other most favorited caches in NY are earthcaches near Niagara Falls. They're nice, but the probably have the most favorites because the area is visited by so many tourists. BWT's Acrophobia cache has about 120 finds and almost a 50% favorite rating.

I haven't done it yet but I hear that Orc's Treasure in Rochester is really good.

New York is a big state. Over 20K caches, and that doesn't even count NYC or Long Island. That's a pretty vague question to be asking.

This is true. Judging from their 2 hides, and their profile pic, it looks like the OP is a young cacher from near the Connecticut border in metro NYC. Nice discussion though, we do have some good caches, including the 5th oldest active one in the world, which of course is a great one. :)