Geocaching iPhone to Android

Hi everyone :)!

I have had an iPhone 4 for quite some time now and love the geocaching app. Recently I acquired a Samsung Galaxy S II phone and would like to place the Geocaching app onto it. Do i have to repurchase it as I have previously purchased the $10 app on the iPhone?

Regards,

The Meridian

More importantly, two totally different app stores, with two totally different systems for purchasing apps and keeping track of who has purchased which apps.

And two totally different development teams.

Well, I'm not positive it's actually different people that developed both apps since I don't work there, but I'm reasonably sure. I am, however, positive that it takes additional resources to develop for android considering the multitude of platforms on which it runs.

From what I have gathered from here. Iphone users seem happy with the app. Android users not so. It is quite different and personally I think there are better ones out there for less or free. Neongeo is my favourite currently but geobeagle is quite good too although not as slick its free.

I'm happy with it. The beef most android users have is the fact there there are some really nice free alternatives out there to the official one, which is kind of high priced relative to other android apps.

From what I have gathered from here. Iphone users seem happy with the app. Android users not so. It is quite different and personally I think there are better ones out there for less or free. Neongeo is my favourite currently but geobeagle is quite good too although not as slick its free.

iPhone users have understandably lower expectations.

The geocaching official app will work just fine for you. If not there are alternative apps, both paid and otherwise. Using the API, NeonGeo seems to be what people lean towards. An excellent one for free is C:Geo, however it does not use the API.