New Category - Big cows

Who wants to join me for this new category? I sometimes see a big sculpture of a cow. They can be of different sizes but most of them has a size of a small cow (compared to a real one) I am new into this suggestion thing.

There are a number of these in my city, as the result of the "Udderly Art" event about 10 years ago. So I would be able to make some contributions :-) Also, some of the Calgary cows apparently ended up in other cities. Udderly Art cows on the moove

I would also be able to make some contributions, hundreds of contributions. Way too much to be interesting in my opinion. Around here they are everywhere and 8 out of 10 are standing in suburban private foregardens with nothing else interesting to visit in the area except for the cows in the next street.

A few questions:

Are these permanent locations? The one pictured seems to be moveable.

Could these be waymarked in the Figurative Sculptures category?

Has anyone seen one of these outside of the U.S.?

The one shown on the picture is moveable, but right now she doen't move. It has been standing here for about 4 years.

The picture is from Denmark.

These cows are popular in Portugal. I already looked for a category for them and was sad not finding it. But didn't worried too much by then.

I'm not worried at all :rolleyes: Just thouht it could be fun with a "cow-category". Are you in?

I would vote yes! I suggest you widen your definitions to Cows Sculptures, u never know what comes in the net :-) I am thinking there are a few categories about specific animals sculptures, so, perhaps putting cows at the same level there will bring extra strength to the suggestion.

Here in Germany we have this http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4124/5067698070_7a69bde763.jpg cow everywhere. It's a campaign for a higher milk price. They are all equal. If there are artictic cows they would perfectly fit in the Figurative Sculpture cat. If the cows would be dragons the situation would be different :anibad:

I didn't think about under which maingroup they could be posted. But I think Figurativ Sculptures could be an opportunity :)

Here in Germany we have this http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4124/5067698070_7a69bde763.jpg cow everywhere. It's a campaign for a higher milk price. They are all equal. If there are artictic cows they would perfectly fit in the Figurative Sculpture cat. If the cows would be dragons the situation would be different :anibad:

I didn't think about under which maingroup they could be posted. But I think Figurativ Sculptures could be an opportunity :)

Is there some reason these can't be posted to the Figurative Sculpture category?

A matter of "sculpture" definition. To me a sculpture is an unique piece of art. These cows, generally made out of plastic, are mostly produced with molds, gaining their individuality with the paint.

Is there some reason these can't be posted to the Figurative Sculpture category?

A matter of "sculpture" definition. To me a sculpture is an unique piece of art. These cows, generally made out of plastic, are mostly produced with molds, gaining their individuality with the paint.

Sorry that I let you down for so long time :huh: .

If I was to decide a "cow-group" I think it should just be mentioned "artificial cows" or something like that. They could be artistically painted or just made by plastic. It could be interesting to se how many different kind of "not-real" cows you would see