My Finds not running

wileyclan

I have tried numerous times in the last 4 hours to run a My Finds query. Each time I will get the green words to say it has been scheduled, but after about 5 minutes or so that goes away as well.

I have tried logging and back in as well as clearing cookies and logging back in.

I'm having the same issue. I'm giving up and trying again some other day.

I have tried numerous times in the last 4 hours to run a My Finds query. Each time I will get the green words to say it has been scheduled, but after about 5 minutes or so that goes away as well.

I have tried logging and back in as well as clearing cookies and logging back in.

I just keep pushing the button over and over and over until the red "Unable to schedule your 'My Finds' Pocket Query." message appears; then the query runs within the minute.

The number of pushes varies; its never more than 50 or less than 10.

EDIT to enter proper wording of message, color it, and note that it today's attempt was 16 pushes

Edited by frinklabs

Added: There may be a problem with the My Finds PQ, but multiple button pushing doesn't solve it.

It used to solve it -- but not today. Instead, I contacted support and I had my My Finds in less than an hour.

Thanks!

Correlation does not imply causation

Just because it worked after a large number of clicks doesn't necessarily mean it was one of the later clicks that did it. It's much more likely that the first click caused the end result.

FWIW, I ran my MyFinds earlier this evening without any problems.

Added: There may be a problem with the My Finds PQ, but multiple button pushing doesn't solve it.

It used to solve it -- but not today. Instead, I contacted support and I had my My Finds in less than an hour.

Thanks!

I presume you didn't read any of the links I provided:

When you click it, it moves into the "queue" of pocket queries to be generated. The "Add to Queue" button doesn't disable until the pocket query actually runs (not how *I* would have designed it, but that's just me). So clicking it it six or seven times didn't change it. When the PQ generated it changed it. It's kind of like pushing the up button while waiting for an elevator to arrive. Pushing it again doesn't make the door open, but on the sixth or seventh time, the door opens.

If it makes you feel better to keep clicking the button until it generates, have fun.

Thanks!

I presume you didn't read any of the links I provided:

When you click it, it moves into the "queue" of pocket queries to be generated. The "Add to Queue" button doesn't disable until the pocket query actually runs (not how *I* would have designed it, but that's just me). So clicking it it six or seven times didn't change it. When the PQ generated it changed it. It's kind of like pushing the up button while waiting for an elevator to arrive. Pushing it again doesn't make the door open, but on the sixth or seventh time, the door opens.

If it makes you feel better to keep clicking the button until it generates, have fun.

Knowing this, now I don't have to script a macro to keep pushing the button for me.

The elevator button analogy is imperfect; it is rare to see an elevator these days where the button doesn't immediately light up to let you know it knows it has been pressed.

Your presumption of not reading the previous threads is correct, so I had a look at them. Some are from 2010. If you have been aware of this as an issue for that long why wouldn't you have reprogrammed the bit of code that displays the green "Your 'My Finds' Pocket Query has been scheduled to run." message to grey out and deactivate the button ("lighting" it like a real elevator button would)?

Thanks!

Correlation does not imply causation

Just because it worked after a large number of clicks doesn't necessarily mean it was one of the later clicks that did it. It's much more likely that the first click caused the end result.

FWIW, I ran my MyFinds earlier this evening without any problems.

That probably means that the contacting of support and subsequent appearance of the query is also coincidental.

I'm a moderator, not an employee.

(not how *I* would have designed it, but that's just me)

It's easy for us to comment on design issues and lack of responsiveness from out here, because we aren't cognizant of all the factors. There is probably much behind-the-scenes stuff that affects the ability of the left hand to fix what the the right hand has wrought. Which is a situation with which I am familiar, having been one of many hands in IT support and implementation projects beleaguered by political inertia.

Do you think there's any point in creating a thread over in the Feature Discussions and Suggestions sub-forum, asking for implemention of displaying of the queue status and/or greying out the submit button after queuing?

Edited by frinklabs

Do you think there's any point in creating a thread over in the Feature Discussions and Suggestions sub-forum, asking for implemention of displaying of the queue status and/or greying out the submit button after queuing?

It can't hurt to ask. I agree that the way it's currently designed just isn't right.