Co-Op Cache

RainbowDragonflyAK

Okay, this may be a no-brainer to some of you, but I am stumped.

My fantastic GeoCaching partner and I have recently placed a GeoCache together.

It's freshly published, and carries both our names, but the GeoMap, and my profile, doesn't show it as a cache I own. It's shown as one I can find.

I also have no ability to edit anything about the cache if need be, when I click the joined names, it only sends me to her profile, and it's not under "My GeoCaches" either.

This has made me a sad little dragonfly right now.

Is this normal, or is there something wrong?

Edited by RainbowDragonflyAK

Okay, this may be a no-brainer to some of you, but I am stumped.

My fantastic GeoCaching partner and I have recently placed a GeoCache together.

It's freshly published, and carries both our names, but the GeoMap, and my profile, doesn't show it as a cache I own. It's shown as one I can find.

I also have no ability to edit anything about the cache if need be, when I click the joined names, it only sends me to her profile, and it's not under "My GeoCaches" either.

This has made me a sad little dragonfly right now.

Is this normal, or is there something wrong?

That's the way it works with "co-owned" caches. Only the username who actually submitted the cache for review gets credit as being the owner.

You can put the cache on your watchlist, and receive emails when someone logs to it, but you won't be able to do anything with the cache page.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

All of it is true, every word you say.... as co-owner you have no rights to it, not if you are the second-in-command.

Just guessing here, but it may be that the PTB want the responsibility to fall onto one account only.

Sort of like Truman and MacArthur, Eisenhower and Montgomery, or Picard and Riker.

Sorry, 'tis the way it is! :huh::mad:<_<

Well, look at it like an asset in a marriage. Things are great now, but later there could be a parting of the ways. Who gets ownership of that asset?

It could be messy, with two people able to edit the cache page. One never knows where relationships will end up.

It really makes sense to only have one cache owner, and only one account able to access and edit the cache page.

A solution might be to place/submit for review another co-owned cache, this time in your name.

B.