Geocaching Star Wars Fans?

It is a Star Wars themed Geocache.

I suppose I should have put a link instead of the just the GC code. Lazy I was. Try this: Learn the Force

I haven't paid the extra money yet to view those "top dollar caches". What I was asking was what if anything makes them out to be Star Wars caches.... location, custom container. Stuff like that, that you are willing to share.

I suppose I should have put a link instead of the just the GC code. Lazy I was. Try this: Learn the Force

I haven't paid the extra money yet to view those "top dollar caches". What I was asking was what if anything makes them out to be Star Wars caches.... location, custom container. Stuff like that, that you are willing to share.

Ah, fair enough, I had forgotten it was a Premium Cache. Without giving up too much info- the stages of the multi-cache are based very loosely on Luke's adventures at Dagobah. Rescuing R2D2 out of the swamp, lifting the stones with the force, meeting Yoda, etc. The stages include photographs from the movie. I also put a good bit of work into the cache page, with star wars artwork, etc. It's worth becoming a premium member just to see it, IMHO! :laughing:

Ah, fair enough, I had forgotten it was a Premium Cache. Without giving up too much info- the stages of the multi-cache are based very loosely on Luke's adventures at Dagobah. Rescuing R2D2 out of the swamp, lifting the stones with the force, meeting Yoda, etc. The stages include photographs from the movie. I also put a good bit of work into the cache page, with star wars artwork, etc. It's worth becoming a premium member just to see it, IMHO! :laughing:

That's pretty darn cool... I bet people love it!

Ya I need to fork out the money here sometime soon.

This a year-old thread , part gag, but with the idea of making hides and giving them a SW theme.

- What did you think it was?

I was hoping to see what was out there and what other people have done so far.

If just Stars Wars themes, can't help you there.

- But if caches in general, this could keep you busy for some time. :)

If just Stars Wars themes, can't help you there.

- But if caches in general, this could keep you busy for some time. :)

Ya ive been on that topic looking around a couple times, I was mostly looking for something that was like the R2-D2 ammo can.... never did find anything really that made me stop and look.

Originally I was going to use one of these Applause R2D2 containers for a stage, but I couldn't figure out how to make it watertight. So, it became the FTF prize for the cache. I hope it has a new home, but I haven't checked since I published the cache.

Ive been checking out Pinterest for the past week or so... theres a crap load of things a person could do. Saw where a guy made an AT-AT bed, scale that down to incase an ammo can I think.... you'd have to weigh it down to keep it upright, and find a perfect spot. AT-AT Bed

Be aware though that any thing like that is going to run the risk of getting stolen. That was other reason I didn't do the R2 D2 type container. People steal regular ammo cans, so I can just imagine the kind of temptation an AT-AT container would bring. That's the reason my cache is premium- reduces the odds that someone disrespectful of the hobby will encounter the cache.

Be aware though that any thing like that is going to run the risk of getting stolen. That was other reason I didn't do the R2 D2 type container. People steal regular ammo cans, so I can just imagine the kind of temptation an AT-AT container would bring. That's the reason my cache is premium- reduces the odds that someone disrespectful of the hobby will encounter the cache.

I live in Wyoming, from what ive saw there isn't alot of caches being stolen around here.... and im one of those people who always makes, or buys more then one of everything..... two is one, one is none. When I get ready to spray some ammo cans and cut on some plywood i'll probably do up at least a couple anyways.

full_size.jpg

iPhone case is a good example, that wouldn't take that much time to cut out something similar looking.

That was other reason I didn't do the R2 D2 type container.

I was kinda thinking that if a person could find a couple solid colored vinyl sticker sheets of blue, black, and silver..... you could turn any kinda container into looking like R2. That would sure beat the heck out of everything that comes with taking the time to stencil something out.

Just some ideas that ive been thinking about anyways.

Edited by The Peterson Finders

I really like that phrase. Goes well with "beans, bullets, and band-aids" but that's another forum! :)

Sure is! LOL

So about Star Wars Caches, I wonder how hard it would be to do a Death Star?

Cutting the wood for the inside to make a sphere wouldn't be all that hard.... what to sheet/cover it with would be the tricky part....

Star Destroyer ammo can would be cool!... you'd have to make it huge for it to be awesome.

two is one, one is none.

I really like that phrase. Goes well with "beans, bullets, and band-aids" but that's another forum! :)

So about Star Wars Caches, I wonder how hard it would be to do a Death Star?

The Death Star...probably could take two lids from some old round BBQs. Cover the vents, put a hinge on the two halves and a couple of latches, some white spray paint....hmmm.....

The Death Star...probably could take two lids from some old round BBQs. Cover the vents, put a hinge on the two halves and a couple of latches, some white spray paint....hmmm.....

That would be a huge cache also wouldn't it? LOL

Sure....uhmm..I don't see the problem. :)

If ya make one I wanna see a picture!

If I make it I will be sure to post a picture :)

full_size.jpg

iPhone case is a good example, that wouldn't take that much time to cut out something similar looking.

That was other reason I didn't do the R2 D2 type container.

I was kinda thinking that if a person could find a couple solid colored vinyl sticker sheets of blue, black, and silver..... you could turn any kinda container into looking like R2. That would sure beat the heck out of everything that comes with taking the time to stencil something out.

Just some ideas that ive been thinking about anyways.

That idea plus the waterproof Witz containers that are about the same shape would be a good match.

This is too great!! I am about to set loose a series of Star Wars TravelBugs and this thread rises to the top. :)

That's awesome also! You take some pictures?

Here are the Star Wars Travel bugs. :)

C-3PO

R2-D2

Chewbacca

Han Solo

Nice TB's BeorntheViking.

I have a few Star Wars TB's myself.

My Anakin has unfortunately been AWOL for a couple years now.

Good Luck with their travels.

Well I figured id be able to find some of that carving Speedball stuff in a local store.... nope that's not the case. Gonna have to order it. I did buy one of those Walmart knock off Witz containers, and I bought some plastic to cut out some Star Wars stencils.... hopefully I'll get around to all that here real soon, but for now I'm trying my luck at carving a make shift letterbox stamp from a couple erasers I got from Staples. I was having a heck of a time just finding an ink pad.

Well I figured id be able to find some of that carving Speedball stuff in a local store.... nope that's not the case. Gonna have to order it. I did buy one of those Walmart knock off Witz containers, and I bought some plastic to cut out some Star Wars stencils.... hopefully I'll get around to all that here real soon, but for now I'm trying my luck at carving a make shift letterbox stamp from a couple erasers I got from Staples. I was having a heck of a time just finding an ink pad.

Go to AC Moore or Joanne fabric, they have tons of ink pads there.

Premium Membership costs just over 8 cents per day. This perspective sheds a new light on those "top dollar caches".

Most of us spend that much on electricity for our computers while on the GS forum each day. :)

There's the image of Boba Fett that I looked at while I freehanded it on the eraser with a Sharpie Ultra Fine marker. Cut it out with just an X-Acto knife.... gonna look at buying that Speedball cutter.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?&q=boba+fett+helmet&qft=+filterui:color2-bw&FORM=R5IR7#view=detail&id=C176D9BB17C08EC2D01545719943D4848735CB54&selectedIndex=20

uote name='The Peterson Finders' timestamp='1387565082' post='5332347']

IMG_1672.jpg

Gonna try to carve a Rebel Insignia here shortly.

Ok I guess my geek-dom is not adequate. I have seen this tusked logo before but do not understand its place in the Star Wars universe. Must be something relatively new from a comic or something. Care to enlighten?

Ok I guess my geek-dom is not adequate. I have seen this tusked logo before but do not understand its place in the Star Wars universe. Must be something relatively new from a comic or something. Care to enlighten?

Mandalorian skull. It's on Boba Fetts left shoulder. Let me find a picture....

th.jpg

From the InnerWebs: "Mandalorians are a fictional group of warriors from several species in the Star Wars universe. They commonly act as mercenaries or bounty hunters. According to Star Wars Expanded Universe material....."

Edited by The Peterson Finders