Geocaching Star Wars Fans?

I don't post in the Groundspeak forums often so hello.

I am interested in starting an international group/alliance of geocachers who are also Star Wars fans.

I am hoping that some of the people who are interested in joining will also host events or hide caches with Geo-Rebel Alliance in the cache name.

This is all meant to be fun and maybe even a way for Star Wars nerds, I mean fans, to identify each other and be able to

discuss important questions like, just how close did Han Solo have to fly to that black hole in order to do the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs.

Don't worry, if you don't understand what I just said, you don't have to be a superfan to join the Geo-Rebel Alliance, just someone who likes geocaching and Star Wars too.

There will be a couple of requirements for anyone who wants to join the geo-Rebel Alliance.

1. Post a logo to your geocaching profile page (like the one I have on mine, (the red one)).

2. Be a fan of Star Wars.

Each members logo will be numbered so we can keep track of how many people join our alliance. Maybe someday we'll even be able to hold a Mega Event.

If you are interested in joining the Geo-Rebel Alliance, please contact me through my geocaching profile "grafinator" and I will make you a logo (and the html to post it too, if you require it).

The Geo-Rebel alliance is an equal opportunity group and encourages membership from all species, even Hutts.

Hope to hear from you soon.

May the Force be with you. (Had to say it)

:P

I am interested in starting an international group/alliance of geocachers who are also Star Wars fans.

I am hoping that some of the people who are interested in joining will also host events or hide caches with Geo-Rebel Alliance in the cache name.

This is all meant to be fun and maybe even a way for Star Wars nerds, I mean fans, to identify each other and be able to

discuss important questions like, just how close did Han Solo have to fly to that black hole in order to do the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs.

Don't worry, if you don't understand what I just said, you don't have to be a superfan to join the Geo-Rebel Alliance, just someone who likes geocaching and Star Wars too.

There will be a couple of requirements for anyone who wants to join the geo-Rebel Alliance.

1. Post a logo to your geocaching profile page (like the one I have on mine, (the red one)).

Each members logo will be numbered so we can keep track of how many people join our alliance. Maybe someday we'll even be able to hold a Mega Event.

If you are interested in joining the Geo-Rebel Alliance, please contact me through my geocaching profile "grafinator" and I will make you a logo (and the html to post it too, if you require it).

The Geo-Rebel alliance is an equal opportunity group and encourages membership from all species, even Hutts.

I got an idea why don't we make a series of cache dedicated to the star wars movies the first 3 caches will represent the original films and we will make these caches awesome but....we continue to go back to these caches and "fix" them until they are just awful.....next we do are best to make the 3 lamest caches ever and give them favorite points and demand everyone else does to so they will be horribly overrated..... :anitongue:

I got an idea why don't we make a series of cache dedicated to the star wars movies the first 3 caches will represent the original films and we will make these caches awesome but....we continue to go back to these caches and "fix" them until they are just awful.....next we do are best to make the 3 lamest caches ever and give them favorite points and demand everyone else does to so they will be horribly overrated..... :anitongue:

I thought there was only 3 Star wars movies?

And then we'll post 4000+ threads in these forums debating the merits of, the plans for, and the rumors surrounding caches number 7, 8, and 9 in the series. The original creator will sometimes drop hints that they will get created, and the debate and discussion will go on endlessly, but those caches will never get created.

For those that are interested, which I doubt is many, there are now 10 members in 3 different countries.

We will soon start publishing international Star Wars themed caches for you to enjoy. Or in case you have done some of my previous Star Wars caches, another one of them damned Star Wars puzzles.

One of the greatest posts ive ever seen on here.

oh come on. don't you just think Jar Jar Binks is awesome??

😂💩

😂💩

I tried to think fo somethign witty as a come back but Ill just say it........

No jar jar binks is one of the most annoying characters Ive ever watched and Lucas is lucky he didnt reviece a poo in the post for making me watch him.

😂💩

I tried to think fo somethign witty as a come back but Ill just say it........

No jar jar binks is one of the most annoying characters Ive ever watched and Lucas is lucky he didnt reviece a poo in the post for making me watch him.

I've never heard of a Jar Jar Binks, I have no clue who that is.

Going slightly off topic what did the empire do that was so bad? The Jedi were a bunch of out of touch ineffective police force/religious nuts.

Also the first 3 movies were not the greatest...I mean teddy bears beat the biggest army in the entire galaxy? I mean come on.

Edited by Dan2099

I'll join. I'll need the code to copy and paste it to my profile.

I'll join. I'll need the code to copy and paste it to my profile.

All Hail the mighty Snoogans!

Another off topic.....

Did you know George Lucas used to autocross, and he painted a famous yellow and black Shelby Cobra that helped Shelby win a championship?

yellow-96-cobar.jpg

Mmmm, Shelby Cobra....

True fact: My husband and I met on a Star Wars forum. Along with quite a few people we're still friends with. One was a housemate for a while, and another one (Silvertongue) has moved in permanently. Crazy world.

Look, I don't mean to judge, but this seems like a poor idea in practice. Suddenly an imperial group will show up and start oppressing your caches, then they'll start making caches of their own(although they'll always leave an open exhaust port,) and you'll have to start blowing up their caches and then it simply doesn't end well for anyone.

I've never heard of a Jar Jar Binks, I have no clue who that is.

That's it.

You're out.

Get out now.

Please leave the premises before I call security.

I enjoyed the movies, but I am not obsessed with relating all my other activities with them.

Similarly, I enjoyed all the various flavors of Star Trek, but I have never attended a convention.