Sending results of a pocket query to my Oregon 400t

kymarkh

Have not needed to add fresh caches to my Oregon 400t for quite some time and now can't seem to get the results of my pocket queries onto my Oregon 400t. Could someone PLEASE give me a step by step on how to accomplish this? I've tried 10 or so times in the last month and still get 'No geocaches found' when clicking on the Geocaches icon. Might need to reset this rusty old 400t I guess...

Thanks in advance.

kymarkh

Have not needed to add fresh caches to my Oregon 400t for quite some time and now can't seem to get the results of my pocket queries onto my Oregon 400t. Could someone PLEASE give me a step by step on how to accomplish this? I've tried 10 or so times in the last month and still get 'No geocaches found' when clicking on the Geocaches icon.

1. Download zip file with PQ results (or save the attachment if you got it by e-mail)
  2. Unzip the file
  3. Plug Garmin in to computer
  4. Copy .GPX file(s) to the Garmin drive, into the Garmin\GPX folder
  5. Eject Garmin
  6. Unplug Garmin
  7. Power on Garmin and look for geocaches

If the unzipped file gives you two .GPX files, copy them both to the Garmin. Both go in the same directory. A second file means that some of the geocaches have associated waypoints (trailhead, designated parking, additional stages, etc.).

If you do all this, and the unit still does not seem to find geocaches, might they be too far away? Try looking for one by name.

Edited to add: A very useful site is the Garmin Oregon Wiki.

Edited by msrubble