Using the Map Feature for idiots

TeamHuge

I have been caching for about 5 years, but I went away for about 7 months and came back to discover the map feature has changed. I'm assuming that I'm just a big dummy, but the cache information will not display on the map feature anymore. The only thing I can see is a map and cache icons on it, but scrolling over each cache gives me no information - no name, no nothin'! What's the deal? Do I now have to become a premium member to use the map function?

Edited by TeamHuge

Seems like the area that the cursor has to hit to activate the cache information is smaller than the icon and in addition there are times that it doesn't work at all. I've found that zooming in or out will sometimes fix the problem but you still need hover over the cache icon find the sweet spot. I don't remember anything being said here about when or if it might be fixed.

When I first open up the map, hovering over the cache icons pops up the cache title and clicking on the icon, gives me the information bubble. But if I try to filter anything (for example, turn off my finds, or exclude multi-caches) the cache names and information bubbles will not show up no matter how much I hover.

Refreshing the screen restores functionality like when I first opened the map.

When I first open up the map, hovering over the cache icons pops up the cache title and clicking on the icon, gives me the information bubble. But if I try to filter anything (for example, turn off my finds, or exclude multi-caches) the cache names and information bubbles will not show up no matter how much I hover.

Refreshing the screen restores functionality like when I first opened the map.

I solved my version of this problem by removing a couple of the geocache oriented extentions that I had installed for google chrome.