***NEW COIN*** Keep Chasing Your Dreams

Dorsetgal & GeoDog

I'm proud to announce the production of the "Keep Chasing Your Dreams" geocoin, designed by MadHattersNeverland and kindly produced by Mike at Cache Addict.

Coin Page

dsc07471.jpg

dsc07472.jpg

They're available in gold, silver and copper finishes.

So, what's this about?

Some of you may know me from the from the forums, Geocoinfest and other events, and already know that in 2008 I carried the Olympic Torch across London Bridge for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, and indeed had the Chase Your Dreams geocoin made at that time.

I geocache by wheelchair and am usually accompanied by my assistance dog, I'm in my 7th year of geocaching an rapidly approaching 2,000 finds.

Carrying theTorch in 2008 was a truly once in a lifetime experience. Since then I've some particular challenges, including the loss of both my father and assistance dog, Caesar within weeks of eachother at the end of 2009 / beginning of 2010, and significant personal health issues..

However, on Valentine's Day 2011, Udo, another Golden Retriever assistance dog arrived from Dogs for the Disabled to be my assistant and companion, and I've continued my work in advocacy and access, including advising The Metropolitan Police on disability issues and The London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games on assistance dog matters.

In early 2012 I learned that I'd been nominated and selected to carry the Olympic Torch for a second time, this time in Upton, a suburb of my hometown of Poole, in Dorset, England.

Hence the Keep Chasing Your Dreams geocoin was conceived, and designed by the same artist.

On being selected a second time "I simply can't believe it, I have to keep pinching myself, it's truly an honour and a privilege to be selected again, and lovely that I get to do this again with Udo, my successor dog"

I hope that you enjoy my coin.

Edit to add:

My nomination on the London 2012 website

BBC TORCHCAM If you watch online around 3.05pm BST on Friday 13th July, you should be able to see me carrying the torch live!

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

What a wounderful coin. We have made our reservation, it will look nice next to the previous one.

I am so gald that we will be there to watch you carry the torch.

Thank you! We can't believe that you're going to be here for the day - exciting!

congratultions to you and (i hope i have this right,) udo !

ILYK

Many thanks Dr Neal, yes, it is Udo, which is pronounced "Yew Dough" in Germany where I believe the name originates it would be "oooh dough"

I'm sure you've spotted the coins have a dog on :laughing:

I should also add that my pal Karen, who has Coco a Medical Detection Dog, and perhaps some of you have met them at Geocoinfest, will, I am sure be delighted to know she is also carrying the torch the same day!! Unbelievable!

Karen's nomination

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Congratulations, having seen the Olympic Torch run 2 years ago here in Canada it just swells up my heart with pride.

And to actually carry the torch with your best friend beside you well what can one say.... "Inspire a generation" :D

I've added 1 more to reservations (Gold of course :) )

Can I get on the list for this coin? Me mum was from England (Nottingham) and came over as a warbride. I have visited 3 times but never as a geocacher. Wish I had known about it the last time there. Anyhow, I will email my address and paypal info. thanks.

Steve Allen aka MO Pirate

Hey there - i hate to get off the subject but since i am new here, i am not sure how to handle this. i am wondering what is the best way to go about getting custom coins made. only qualified manufacturers? specs? i am lost when it comes to a lot of things here but determined to learn it all.

thanks for any help.