New Cache Approval Time?

Is there an SLA for review of new caches? What is a fair time to wait before sending a note to the reviewer? I have two new caches in place for 6 days now and no message, note or request, - and not Published yet. :rolleyes::D

Sandy, a Groundspeak Admin, posted this on May 16:

Extending time to begin review process

--Larry

Edited to give Sandy a promotion. :lol:

Edited by larryc43230

Is there an SLA for review of new caches? What is a fair time to wait before sending a note to the reviewer? I have two new caches in place for 6 days now and no message, note or request, - and not Published yet. :rolleyes::D

Did you send in your $5 money orders for each listing?

Just kidding. Check over your listing. Make sure you have checked the box that tells the reviewer the cache is ready. Also, look for any notes from the reviewer.

If it really has been 6 days, then you are certainly getting near the outer edge of their goal period. But before you take any further action, as others have suggested, make sure that you have checked the "cache is ready" checkbox on the cache page (that is not the exact wording, but you'll find it with that). Was it a straightforward, standard cache, or perhaps a difficult puzzle or challenge or something like that?

Hello, I'm writing to confirm that the two caches you enabled for review on June 16th (Seattle time) are properly awaiting review. If you do not hear anything by June 23rd (Seattle time), please follow up by writing contact@Groundspeak.com as explained in the linked thread and the Groundspeak Knowledge Books.

Thanks for hiding caches, and thanks for your patience.

I can feel your pain! I would be bummed to wait that long. Luckily around here I think they are checked a couple times a day. Hope it gets published soon!

-WarNinjas

Thank you all! Its very interesting to see how many people have taken an interest. My first cache was apparently too close to others (about 250m) but I now understand that the minimum distance is 171m - there are certainly a number here that appear closer than 250m. Anyway, these two should be ok in that regard.

In Australia its mid-winter, so cold and currently raining or snowing so I doubt there will be too many out putting in new caches. Can someone confirm if there is (say) one reviewer, for Australian and NZ caches? Or is it a shared workload - I am very conscious that this is a volunteer position so someone could be on holiday or ill of course. Hopefully there is more than one, and that they are local to our country?

In Australia its mid-winter, so cold and currently raining or snowing so I doubt there will be too many out putting in new caches. Can someone confirm if there is (say) one reviewer, for Australian and NZ caches? Or is it a shared workload - I am very conscious that this is a volunteer position so someone could be on holiday or ill of course. Hopefully there is more than one, and that they are local to our country?

I'm not sure how many reviewers but it seems at least 3 in Australia (see reviewer ).

I've just returned to England after spending a month in Melbourne. That Australian winter looks very much like the current English summer..