Logs on our caches?

Troutonthebrain

Is there a way to view all of the "found it" logs that have ever been logged on our caches. I am trying to figure this out for my caching partner under whose name we have 129 caches hidden. I had been keeping track of how many finds have been logged on his caches and we were going to give a prize to the 10000th logger. The problem? I found a way to majorly miss count. Not by just like 50 logs or so. We have now had 10368 finds logged on his caches. So, is there a way to view all of the found it logs logged onto his caches in the order that they were logged? It did not sound like something that would be possible, but I thought I would ask.

Thanks for any responses

- Troutonthebrain

uhh.. yeah... but is this for the 10,000th Induvidual log or for the 10,000th different caching account to log a cache.

I'd put all the owned caches in the same GSAK DB, do a Logs update using the API, then just delete the latest 360 or so caches.

Good luck

The Steaks

You'll need to be able to generate a pocket query first, so one of you needs to be a premium member. (Or you need to ask a PM buddy for help.)

I used to keep track of all of the logs on all of our caches. I had a bookmark list of all of our caches and ran pocket queries on it, which gives you the latest 5 logs for each cache on the list. Then I'd use the API feature in GSAK to get logs and set the limit as high as I needed until I got 'em all. (For yours and your buddy's, it'd need to be set to grab over 300 logs per cache, since that's how many I saw on some of his earliest.) Then I'd run FindStatGen with the option for own cache statistics turned on) and it'd give me a count. GSAK may well give you the number of finds without the macro, but I don't have it in front of me.

That'll tell you how many finds you have so far. As far as figuring out which log was the 10,000th, you just need to be vigilant if the total's under 10k now, but if it's over it...have fun sorting.

Helps to read the full question and first response, I guess; you already had that information and I wasn't answering your question. Get 'em into GSAK and tinker. Or hop onto gsak.net and ask on their forums, they're super helpful.