Is this a new attribute?

L0ne.R

Just got my weekly GC newsletter. Here's the newsletter image:

Is the scroll with the quill and ink pot a new attribute? I don't see it in the attribute list. What does it mean?

This probably doesn't help, but I am pretty sure I have seen that image before in Zelda for Nintendo.

Maybe it was leaked prematurely, before an announcement that signing the log will be optional unless the cache has that attribute. You have to admit that it has a bit of a Puritan flair to it.

LOL!

It looks to me like it means signing the log, though I skip the quill and inkpot and just use a pen. :P

Maybe it was leaked prematurely, before an announcement that signing the log will be optional unless the cache has that attribute. You have to admit that it has a bit of a Puritan flair to it.

LOL! At least it would sort out the bickering.

If I could vote - the ammo can with the plus sign would mean "cache has swag" and the scroll and quill would be "historic location".

Ooooo. I think a "cache has swag" attribute could be useful. I have several letterboxes that are stamp and logbook only (so that people won't confuse the stamp for a trinket). I've found some small caches that were stuffed full of logsheet that there was no room for a pencil let alone swag. Or ammo cans that are full of empty film canisters, one that holds the log - the CO does not want anyone leaving swag.

:laughing: I'm sure it's not intended to be funny, but I find this image really hilarious, for a few reasons. :laughing:

I went for a hike the other day and saw a few signs 'no shooting' 'no hunting', right near a playground. I wonder what sorts of things happened in the past for them to need to put those signs up. :unsure::laughing:

Toddler season is closed for this year.

EDITED for speeling.

Edited by AZcachemeister

scroll.jpg

Could mean:

•  
  • Bring your own pen.
  • This cache has a notebook big enough for a diary type log entry.
    or
  • Toz may sign here.

Perhaps that one is for certain areas of the world where "May involve Ransom Note" applies, or "May want to rewrite Will" for those more than minor hazard caches.

As for the plus sign/container... perhaps a way to locate 'plus sized' caches. Ones regular or larger. OR maybe caches that have 'favourite' votes applied... as in +1.

How about it's a subtle 'field acceptance' test to see what the regulars think before they are offered wholesale to everyone.

A topic like this gets a lot of comments and thoughts, right?

Doug 7rxc