Indoor Geocaching

I was under the impression that indoor caches were a pain, GPSr accuracy inside a building being terrible. Virtuals kind of negate that, but I'd be curious if there's any inside near me. I should check it out. (Hot AND humid here, but I guess that's what we get for living south of Lake Michigan? :P )

What about when the lines are blurred? I have found caches in parking garages before. Also, couldn't inside locations technically be used for stages of a multi? The listed coords could be the entrance.

True. I guess I just figured that they meant traditionals. A multi would make sense. And if your GPSr works inside a parking garage, yay! I'm not sure mine would, but admittedly I haven't tried it anywhere but my house (which is fairly small, and I still don't get great accuracy).

I guess I just figured that they meant traditionals. A multi would make sense. And if your GPSr works inside a parking garage, yay! I'm not sure mine would, but admittedly I haven't tried it anywhere but my house (which is fairly small, and I still don't get great accuracy).

I've seen several caches where you have to interpolate because although the cache is at the posted coordinates, you can't get a signal.

It was. They might as well set the cache up as Unknown Type and said, "The coords lead to a parking garage, and somewhere on the 5 floors and vast levels is a geocache. Good luck!"

I did a parking garage once that had a really clever hint, which combined with something mentioned in the description told you exactly which floor the cache was on. The cache itself was unremarkable but I gave it a favorite simply because the hint was so clever. It wasn't the first time I came across a cache that appeared to be a needle in a haystack but after a careful reading of the cache page there was a subtle hint that narrowed down the search area considerably.

I came across the listing for an unknown cache that indicated that the cache was on a guard rail in an area bordered by four streets. The area was about 8 square miles and I couldn't see anything on the cache page (in the form of a puzzle) that narrowed down the location.

One parking garage cache I found was horrid. The coords were off, which made sense since my gps was reading a difference of 18 feet or so. Also, it was up to the cached to determine what floor it was on.

I can sympathize. So far, I've been lucky. There's one in an underground parking structure in San Francisco (http://coord.info/GCK08Z) that really should be a puzzle cache, but for some reason it seems as if you just keep your wits about you, you walk right to it. But its difficulty rating is 4, just in case you leave some of your wits behind. And the coordinates turn out to be impeccible. That doesn't help in the field, but if you look at it in advance, it gets you on the right track.

I've found several in parking structures where I went to the top to get zeroed in the right stairwell, then was left with the task of figuring out which level it's on. Nice COs put it on the top level, mean ones put it in level 3...

So given the path this topic has taken, and with respect to the OP, does anyone know of any air-conditioned indoor parking lot caches in Phoenix?

And by the way, it was only slightly warmer in Phoenix today than it was in southern New Hampshire. Does anybody know of any indoor (and preferably air-conditioned) geocaches in southern New Hampshire?

09be3d99-0f91-419b-8a0f-b1535294851e.gif

So given the path this topic has taken, and with respect to the OP, does anyone know of any air-conditioned indoor parking lot caches in Phoenix?

And by the way, it was only slightly warmer in Phoenix today than it was in southern New Hampshire. Does anybody know of any indoor (and preferably air-conditioned) geocaches in southern New Hampshire?

09be3d99-0f91-419b-8a0f-b1535294851e.gif

Or in northwest Indiana/southeast Chicago suburbs? :P