$14.99 LED Eveready Headlamp

GPSCache

I picked up a $14.99 Eveready LED Headlamp at Target in Pasadena, California. It is really BRIGHT! It has two white LEDS and is similar to those new BMWs or new Acuras with that really bright white light-super white. Also, is has a red LED so you can turn on the red or white. The red is good for night vision. It has an adjustable band to wear on the head and is comfortable. The LEDs burn cool. It runs on 3 AAA batteries and will run 50 hours! It is very impressive, and for the price-it is excellent.

I've already done a couple caches at night with it-is really fun this way.

Oh yeah

quote:
Originally posted by GPSCache:

I picked up a $14.99 Eveready LED Headlamp at Target in Pasadena, California. It is really BRIGHT! It has two white LEDS and is similar to those new BMWs or new Acuras with that really bright white light-super white. Also, is has a red LED so you can turn on the red or white. The red is good for night vision. It has an adjustable band to wear on the head and is comfortable. The LEDs burn cool. It runs on 3 AAA batteries and will run 50 hours! It is very impressive, and for the price-it is excellent.

I've already done a couple caches at night with it-is really fun this way.

Oh yeah

What section of the store was this in? Sporting/Outdoors? Automotive?

Sounds like a great idea and really useful for some of the night caches I've been on (nice to keep the hands free too).

Jason Roysdon

jason.roysdon.net

At Target, it was in the flashlight section. It is actually named "Energizer Led Essentials". It was $14.99. Perhaps you can order from your Target if they don't have it in stock. Unfortunetely, I had a hard time finding it on the web-I tried Google. I think it's a new product. You may want to try Ebay-you can probably find a real top of the line light there. Do go for the LEDs-they are REALLY good.

Oh yeah

I was very lucky to be able to purchase one of the Energizer ones (incedently, the flashlight is named "ENERGIZER" not Eveready as I wrote above). My local Target in Pasadena had about a dozen and was sold out several days later. I was there this evening, and they didn't even have the tag there anymore for the headlamp. I don't know if they are going to keep stocking it.

However, LED headlights are the newest rage on the scene. They are lightweight and very bright and very AWESOME in general.. There are many companies that sell them. If they don't have the Energizer.. don't be discouraged! For sure there must be a brand that is out there for you

Oh yeah