Cache archived before we could log the find

Uboss99

Can anyone help? We researched a series close to where we were travelling yesterday and decided to hunt the caches as the CO had noted that the trail was going to be archived on the 17th June. We found the caches during the day to give them a good send-off and were logging in the evening (16th June). Having logged ten of fifteen finds, the CO was at the same time archiving so there was no cache to log against for our last five genuine finds. It was still the evening of the 16th June (about 8pm). Is there any way we can log our finds now, or do we have to grind our teeth? It's a weird experience seeing caches disappear from the map before your very eyes! Thanks.

Can anyone help? We researched a series close to where we were travelling yesterday and decided to hunt the caches as the CO had noted that the trail was going to be archived on the 17th June. We found the caches during the day to give them a good send-off and were logging in the evening (16th June). Having logged ten of fifteen finds, the CO was at the same time archiving so there was no cache to log against for our last five genuine finds. It was still the evening of the 16th June (about 8pm). Is there any way we can log our finds now, or do we have to grind our teeth? It's a weird experience seeing caches disappear from the map before your very eyes! Thanks.

If you have the GC#'s you can look them up by GC # and the log them. Archived does not mean they can't be logged. If you don't have the GC #'s but know the owners player name look them up in his owned caches. Being archived doesn't mean they disappear from his list - unless he adopted them out to a sock and had the sock archive them.

If you have the GC#'s you can look them up by GC # and the log them. Archived does not mean they can't be logged. If you don't have the GC #'s but know the owners player name look them up in his owned caches. Being archived doesn't mean they disappear from his list - unless he adopted them out to a sock and had the sock archive them.

You're a star! Thanks for the help, caches now logged, an hour not wasted (not that it was, it's not ALL about the stats I guess). Thanks for your prompt and very effective help. Now all I need to do is work out what a sock is (no, I know about that kind :) )?

You're a star! Thanks for the help, caches now logged, an hour not wasted (not that it was, it's not ALL about the stats I guess). Thanks for your prompt and very effective help. Now all I need to do is work out what a sock is (no, I know about that kind :) )?

Most Archived caches, if you've Found' them, can be logged.

Only in exceptional cases do Groundspeak 'Lock' an Archived cache to prevent further logging.

Sock.

"An alternative account."

A sock account can be used to keep your TBs that don't travel.

Or caches that you've archived.

Some Premium Members have more than one account so they can run more than the 5 Pocket Queries a day.

Some Sock accounts are set up to provoke a response on the forums, usually to 'wind up' other users... These are not allowed, and generally get locked by Groundspeak. Or/and the user gets banned.

Most of the reviewers have a Sock account to review, and they cache under their 'Player account'. (Some reviewers don't like to reveal who they actually are! Here in the UK we know who they are, and there is usually a guessing game when a new reviewer appears on the scene, to guess who it is!)

Edited by Bear and Ragged

Most Archived caches, if you've Found' them, can be logged.

Only in exceptional cases do Groundspeak 'Lock' an Archived cache to prevent further logging.

Sock.

"An alternative account."

A sock account can be used to keep your TBs that don't travel.

Or caches that you've archived.

Some Premium Members have more than one account so they can run more than the 5 Pocket Queries a day.

Some Sock accounts are set up to provoke a response on the forums, usually to 'wind up' other users... These are not allowed, and generally get locked by Groundspeak. Or/and the user gets banned.

Most of the reviewers have a Sock account to review, and they cache under their 'Player account'. (Some reviewers don't like to reveal who they actually are! Here in the UK we know who they are, and there is usually a guessing game when a new reviewer appears on the scene, to guess who it is!)

Thanks again, now I know what a sock is I need to found a new question. I'm sure one will crop up...

Edited by Uboss99