Trilateration

TnTDaws

When I've done caches that required trilateration, I've opened an online distance calculator in three separate browser tabs. I copy-pasted the coordinates for the 3 points into different tabs (as the first location for the distance calculator). I guessed at the proper solution, and copy-pasted those coordinates into each of the tabs (as the second location for the distance calculator). Then I ran the distance calculators in all 3 tabs to see how close my guess was.

From that, I adjusted my guess, copy-pasted it into all 3 tabs again, and re-ran the distance calculators.

From that, I adjusted my guess again, and so on.

GPSVisualizer (another web site, free tool) will do similar annotations onto Google Earth maps, and once you

figure out the confusing interface, you can feed it a text file containing your data and draw multiple circles

of given radii around multiple points, add annotations, etc. I've found it useful for trying to find GZ by excluding

where it can't be due to other cache 528' exclusion zones...and it should also work for brute-force trilateration.

Its ok, i found it ... nice little series.

By the Found it logs i assume that it does work out, so check;

1, you have the right answers to the questions - some look tricky

2, you are putting the coords in using the correct format (that site asks for decimal)

3, you have converted the distance correctly (the site asks for KM or Miles the listing is in Ft)

4, you have read the listing in full, there are other details you might have missed

Good luck!

EDIT: If it is thought that i am 'spoiling' this puzzle by anyone let me know, i am aiming to give a thought in the right direction .....

Edited by Imabus