Caching group for Leicester

Hi all,

I'm based in Leicester, and although I go to Emcache and GeM events in Nottingham, Derby and the surrounding areas, there seems to be very little happening in my hometown. Is there a group of Leicester cachers on a website that I don't know about ? The only events I've seen are the Romans event last autumn and the Olympics event, both of which I have unfortunately been unable to get to.

Are there any regular meets in Leicester ?

Hi all,

I'm based in Leicester, and although I go to Emcache and GeM events in Nottingham, Derby and the surrounding areas, there seems to be very little happening in my hometown. Is there a group of Leicester cachers on a website that I don't know about ? The only events I've seen are the Romans event last autumn and the Olympics event, both of which I have unfortunately been unable to get to.

Are there any regular meets in Leicester ?

You can always organise one you know! ;-)

I am just outside Hinckley and think that a local group would be good as we have EMCache but it is centered more around Nottingham.

As a founder EMcache member I would say we're more NW Leics and the Notts/Derbys borders-centric, but *all* cachers from, or visiting, the East Mids are welcome to our events! They tend to be in this area only because the cachers who organise them live there. You would be most welcome to host an event near Hinckley if you like. There's a camping event near Hinckley in 2 weeks' time ;-)

There is a Notts group as well, who also have regular events (e.g. The Dragonlady Invites...), and they are equally welcoming.

Nik

We're also South Leics, nr Hinckley. I find it difficult to get up to the Notts events, but am hoping to make it to the forthcoming Highcross event on the Saturday evening. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow cachers, maybe some local partnerships can be discussed then ...